• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    One note was the DA trigger pull. I also have a Beretta px4 storm which has a very smooth DA pull. Compared to the PX4, the SR22's was rather long and a bit grainy, to the point where i was being surprised when it would finally break. Not a huge issue, but if I had to identify one negative, that might be it. Hopefully the trigger smooths out after some more use./QUOTE]

I'd say the same thing about the DA pull. Other than that though I was pretty happy. Wish I was shooting steel though. I was inside.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    All righty. Took the SR22 to the range on Saturday morning and outside of a few numb fingers, I had a blast.

Very nice review. I love shooting the 50 yd gong with my Ruger III 22/45. You can't beat shooting hundreds of rounds in a single session for fun and that really adds up in a more serious caliber. :yesway:

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    ermey-weapon.jpg

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    22 autoloader are hot these days. I own far to many. But, the Walther P22 and the SIG Mosquito are my favorites. I would get the Ruger 22 if I didn't already have the P22. I also have Rugers Mark III target guns. And, a Taurus reveolver in 22 mag and a new Ruger SP101-22LR. Loves these guns. Think I have a couple SA Colts cowboy guns in 22 caliber. I like Ruger products.

bab2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    SW Fort Wayne
    First, thank you for sharing your purchase confidence and first range visit with the SR22.

I told wife that this model must be in my future. I have been reviewing .22s and handling at shows and LGS. Then I see the Ruger ad in my latest issue of NRA's Shooting Illustrated and thought I need to check out this gun. Found time a day later to Google the model and found a couple of blogs, both extremely favorable, then search for street pricing and learned it was in my budget. Then last night, wife shows me a Gander Mountain ad, with this model on sale.

After to much OT, boss excused me from work today, to keep total hours down. Then located a few more + experiences on this forum and another I review.

Now reading your real time experience, I will seriously consider this auto version.

Was already leaning toward a Ruger (.22) MKII or MKIII, and a SA revolver from a friend. Have handled the Walther P22, and did not find the heft (lack) of this model earning my confidence, the same for the Sig Mosquito.

If you have any other advise please share.

The draw factor for this model includes, DA/SA and hammer fire. Hope it will make a good training model for wife and grandsons when they get older and have permissions from their moms';)

Last edited:

Just4Fun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Carmel
    These guns seem to fly out of the shops faster than I can get there. I can't even find them in stock online. I can't wait to track one down.

Top Bottom