• ...and so much more!
  • sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    No, there wasn’t any snow today! Obviously it was a beautiful day today. The trees have almost completely lost all the leaves so I finally decided to clean up the yard. I use a backpack blower and get all the leaves away from the house, garage, and driveway. I then wind row them. Next the 4 wheeler and snow blade comes out. I push them to the garden to burn. I’m sure most people driving by think I’m nuts but it works. After plowing, I can either blow the rest into the garden or make another wind row and make one last push. With 6 big maple trees, it’s a big pile of leaves. Anyone else take advantage of the nice day?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Cleaned the gutters out and hung the Christmas lights on the gutters and raked the leaves to the curb. Time for the wife to hang her lights on the porch. Neighbor was mad that we had lights up before she did.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I wish I could burn 'em, but I live in 'da Region. So out to the curb they must go.
    I've also used the plow a couple times when the summer was less dry and the piles were waist deep.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I mowed them into piles, loaded them into the back of the truck and dumped them in the field behind my place, nicely spread out.

I think I may be safe to pull the mower deck and attach the blade now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Everything on our "Get ready for winter" list is checked off now except the leaves onto the garden. This will get done this week or the coming weekend.
    The leaves are staged up and ready to move but spent the day on the gutters, insulation in the shop ceiling and hanging the last of the new LED shop lights.

Top Bottom