Got the wifes Christmas present, now to get mine;-)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    After weeks of trying to decide what to get the wife for putting up with me for 20+ years I found exactly what she wanted. Picked it up yesterday and she was blown away, now while I can do no wrong its time to buy some more guns............;)

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    After weeks of trying to decide what to get the wife for putting up with me for 20+ years I found exactly what she wanted. Picked it up yesterday and she was blown away, now while I can do no wrong its time to buy some more guns............;)

:+1: :thumbsup: :wow:

That is a really SWEET Christmas Present! Can you perhaps mention this to BoR to see if he'd be interested in getting me one just like it, in different colors tho? I'm partial to Yellow and Black, with black leather interior. If I'm viewing it correctly, it has a sun/moon roof? What year is it, I'm not familiar with the newer Camaros. I'm a previous Camaro owner tho, many years back. I had a Camaro RS and also an IROC Z28 (the ins on that one was a B****!) she qualified as a 'Street Legal Hot Rod", but she rode like a dream, and really flattened out and hugged the road on sharp curves. The faster you drove, the lower to the ground she got so there was no slipping and sliding around. I took her thru the Sierras one summer, and made it from Placerville to Lake Tahoe in under and hour and a half, which is usually an at least 2 and 1/2 hour drive. The higher you get, the more HWY 50 curves, esp as it runs along the American and Truckee Rivers.

I drove her home one weekend, after I got a call from the hospital that my mom had taken a turn for the worse and I needed to be there, like yesterday! I opened her up and we flew thru the mountains at speeds of 110 to 120 mph, never once losing any traction on the road. From Stateline NV to San Jose, CA is about a 5 and 1/2 drive. I did it in three! I didn't even get pulled over, I think I was going to fast for the LEO's to see more than a yellow streak going down the road. I made it back in time to be there before she died, which made me very very happy.

I just KNOW your wife is going to LOVE driving that Beauty, and the feel of the power under the hood, the engine revving, and the exhaust purring is an awesome feeling of total Power and Freedom, unmatched by any other car. (sorry guys, even Mustangs don't measure up against this car!) The Camaro is in a class of it's own, and is, in my opinion, tops on the list of Classy Cars on the road today, it even tops the Cadillac! I don't think they make the Ford Firebird anymore, it was only a Camaro wannabe in the first place. You did well! Very well indeed!

Now go out and buy yourself a collectors, mint condition, high end M1 Garand, you deserve it for giving a present like that! Were I your wife, I wouldn't mind if you went out and bought yourself a Tank, or an Apache GunShip Helicopter, with full auto 1911's on both sides. How can you say no after getting a car like that?!?! I'm positively drooling over her car and Santa was a real Angel this year! I hope she has many many many hours and years of driving that car, I'd be thrilled beyond belief were I to get something like that! BTW, I keep calling the car that I had a "her", cuz her name was Esmerelda, named after my dad's car that ran forever and was comfy as all heck!

Well done! Well done indeed! :)

7th Stepper

PS: I'd have to let our daughter drive me around tho, I voluntarily gave up driving a few years back, due to one of the medical conditions I have. We figured the people on the sidewalks and oncoming cars were safer if I no longer drove. I'm night blind as well, which can be a real problem on a very dark county road. Water? What water? <SPLASH?>. Deer? What Deer? THUMP! Oops! However I'm SURE she wouldn't mind in the slightest driving me around in a car like that! She'd probably invent places that I needed to go to, just to get to drive it more often! :): Take it on a joyride? H*** would freeze over first! She drove my Sebring LXI into the ground after I gave it to her! Altho it was a Sports Car, it wasn't meant for drag racing on gravel country roads, even if she COULD beat any other car the other kids had. I was displeased!

Last edited:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh

That is super nice! Congrats.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    :) my son likes the Camaros, but I got the Mustang (little history there) He's suitably impressed, anyway. Supercharger? Nah, that'd be, um "excessive". Yeah right. Nah, I don't need 700hp. That'd just be dangerous.

Top Bottom