• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kloutz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    In the center of it all
    On another thread there was mention of Grandma's getting guns. Here are a couple pictures of my Grandma in PA. She is in her 80s and has been shooting squirrels and other critters for many a year--mostly from her back steps. The neighbors tell her to stop killing the wildlife and Grandma just says, "Keep them in your yard and I won't shoot them!"

Last edited:

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    Oh now that is just plain cool. I love the one with the pistol. Looks like a "get off my lawn" moment. I'll have to see if I can get a picture of my mother in law (Grandma to my kids). She's in her mid 70's and is quite the squirrel slayer herself.

Kloutz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    In the center of it all
    She's in her mid 70's and is quite the squirrel slayer herself.
    Funny--its like an eternal war between Grandma and the squirrels. Each time we go visit she has a couple of stories about how she got the better of some. I'm not sure they are even that big of a nuisance. She just likes to go "bang! bang!"

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My grandmother used an old H&R .22 revolver to good effect when wild dogs got after her chickens. I came home one day and she told me I had a carcass to dispose of. She'd shot a dog through the eye while it was chasing her favorite rooster.

Years later while I was in the service she had a gentleman caller who wasn't supposed to be calling. She told him that if his foot hit the top stair (3 stairs to get on the porch) he was a dead man. He apparently believed her and left. I didn't hear that story until she'd moved to town, since she didn't want me worrying about her.

My uncle has the .22 now, and I'm the heir to it, as his children don't have any interest in it for whatever reason.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Love the pics, especially of granny with her S&W 22A. I just recently found out that back in the day my grandmother was a pretty good squirrel hunter herself.

Top Bottom