• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PoolQs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Noblesville
    Had a friend of a friends grandmother call me up and wanted an "ole fashion" paring knife
    like she used to have as she was growing up but more of an updated version. Did some research
    and found that Russel Green works was one of the best manufactures back in the day for these.
    I was able to get one of their blanks but had to do some serious modifications to meet her specs.
    Blade is 440C and I added 304 SS bolsters and pins. Then added Poly-resin handles with real
    Sea coral. She was very excited when she saw it. Thought I would share. Troy

Use1.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

7758b5ac-73f6-4ac0-a223-4a98cf3ddd3c.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Use3.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

PoolQs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Noblesville
    Thank you sir for your kind words. In the future, I think I will make an "Old Hickory" set for the fun of it. Bring back some memories of my grampa.

Jeffery - Your box is FULL !!!
    Jeffrey said:
    Very nice paring knife! Looks like you picked up one of the cool cutting boards from the farmers market too. I just got one of the checkerboard patterns for my dad.

Thanks!! I have had that cutting board for about 15 yrs and still looks that good. Got a couple more knives I'm finishing up and post in the next couple of weeks. Troy

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom