• ...and so much more!
  • bhvostal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Gray Wolves in the Western Great Lakes region to be Delisted Once Again

"It was announced this week that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) will publish a final rule removing gray wolves in Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin from the list of endangered and threatened species. This policy change will take effect thirty days after the rule is published in the Federal Register and that is expected to occur next week. This issue marks one more wildlife conservation success story funded, at least in part, by America’s hunters."

NRA-ILA :: Gray Wolves in the Western Great Lakes region to be Delisted Once Again

~ Brian :ar15:

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I would love to go wolf hunting! Ive read how smart they are. They would make an amazing hunt!

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I would love to go wolf hunting! Ive read how smart they are. They would make an amazing hunt!

They would be incredibly hard to hunt. My in-laws in Wisconsin have them, and the range of the pack is so large, you really never know when they'll be through again.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Wolves in Indiana at the wolf park are fine, but I absolutely do not want them roaming around free. I have seen first hand how they have screwed hunting in Wyoming and I certainly do not want that here. Delisting means that management is now turned over to the States as opposed to the Feds,....ie,..the States can set reasonable rules including hunting, license fees, etc. This is good news. States can better determine the appropriate management plan than the Feds.

More importantly, this means that your tax dollars will probably not be going to the Equal Access to Justice Act in the volume they were before. The EAJA basically funds lawsuits by any group against the government over issues such as delisting. Anyone with a net worth of under 2 million or a 501(3)c not-for profit can sue the Fed's over issues like this and get paid for it by all of us. It was set-up to help the little guy, but has been taken advantage of. Well funded environmental activist groups have taken advantage of it. In rough numbers over the last 6 years, the Humane Society has received close to 60 million in taxpayer funds to cover it's cost for lawsuits associated with wolf delisting,....and they have 30 some full time paid lawyers on staff.

Dirty Steve

acersbull

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Osceola
    I know there are some livestock owners in the U.P. that are pretty happy with this decision. As far as im concerned they can keep them up there.

Top Bottom