• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    So... I just won a Mega Pounder 9 from Grayman Knives on the Facebook giveaway. Never thought in a million years I'd win, but I've been pretty lucky of late. Does anyone have any experience with this maker? I've heard some great things, but I've never owned a single bevel working knife before. Also, it will come with a cordura sheath- should I invest in a different sheath?

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I really like my grayman knives they are hard use tools! The only complaints I see are related to lack of "finishing" I think if you look at them as made to use and abuse you will be very happy. The Darfur defender is my favorite but the mega pounder is close second, not a lightweight backpacker knife(they are heavy) but they soak up a beating and keep working. On the sheath I always intend to get new sheaths made as the ones that come with seem to universally be thought kind of "cheap-o" but I have used mine a lot packed them around in the woods and knock on wood they have held up very well. Beat the hell out of it and see it as what it is a great tool.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I've got a Grayman mega pounder Bowie, and I love the thing, it'll split wood, cut down a tree and still be sharp enough to slice thru your finger, it takes a hell of a beating and it meant to work, keep it oiled and clean and it'll last forever, big heavy but feel good in the hand and pretty well balanced

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Mike and I are good friends. If you have any questions or need anything, let me know. I have been using and abusing Grayman knives since 2004 or so.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I've got four of them. A 7 1/2 inch single bevel Mega Pounder, a 4 1/2 inch Suenami, a Dinka, and a Dua with an OD green G10 scale and a black blade. Built like tanks, love 'em all!

Last edited:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    That's the GRAX that tore up the Toyota (review on INGO and the Grayman site). Still goes with me almost everywhere after all these years.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Wow! Thanks, guys. I have it in my possession, and I can honestly say that I've never owned a blade built like tank like this thing is. I'm a customer for life now. Those are some great looking knives up there ^

Top Bottom