• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KGreenwell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Guilford
    Spent 5 plus hours at the gun show today. Only bought one gun but what a buy I got. I went to the show to buy a Ruger SR9 and ended up with a Ruger SR9C. The accuracy from this $400 gun is unbelievable. I currently own a Para and a Glock amoung others and this compact is equal to both in accuracy. I put 20 rounds of PMC (bought at the show) though it and had 4 jams. Switched to Winchester and put another 50 rounds through it with no malfunctions. I will put another 100 rounds through it tomorrow to see if the performance continues.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Back when I had plenty of money and went to every 1500, I and my group would be there at least 4 hours just to see every table and walk out with several guns, these days the 1500 deals are far and few between:(

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I saw several handguns, that, were I in the market for them, were already pretty good deals at the asking price. And I wasn't even looking at the handguns. I believe the market is correcting itself, and the lucky gunhunter probably (finally) benefitted from that last weekend. I saw lots of other good to great deals, as well. YMMV

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I got lucky and managed to pick up a Keltec PF9 for $250. Every other dealer I saw had it marked for $269, so I felt like I got away with a good deal.

Reel Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    SR9

Been looking at the SR9 for a while what do you think the average price of the used SR9 (and) is there very many floating around.

jabean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Have seen a few used in black no geen frame one's , 400 is a fair price if in good condition with box and two mags . I paid 430 new for SR9 with Green Frame . I shot mine yesturday afternoon after reading above threads ,shot great very tight group at 50 foot off hand aprox. 3 1/2 inch ,reminds me a lot of a glock . doubt I get rid of this one.. can't beat a good shooter with 17 round mags

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Too bad I got stuck working, but brother was out looking for me. Didn't run across many deals. Just lots of retail. I remember finding deals there, but haven't been in years.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I feel the problem with the indy 1500 is not enough room to walk between tables, with the large amount of people there. Many times you cannot get close enough to a table to see what is on it.

rxbdwl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Glad you all enjoyed the 1500. It was my first and probably last trip. I went on Friday, getting there about half an hour after the open. Stood in line half an hour in the rain to get to the front door. I couldn't believe the crowd. I did get to see and handle several handguns in one place. I'm trying to decide on a compact 9 or 40.
    The SR9C is looking pretty good.

Top Bottom