• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    I don't know that many of you are avid Sig collectors but I am and have been for 20+ years. Those of us who have followed Sig for a long time know that it is a manufacturer whose best days are behind them. Nonetheless, they still market a quality product.

I recently found a great deal on a P228 on GB. The seller obviously didn't have much of a background in Sigs and misrepresented the gun terribly. This led to no bids (other than mine.) I could tell from the pics that the description didn't match the gun.

Anyway, I won in on GB and, when it arrived, sure enough, it was obvious it had not been fired hardly at all (maybe 50 rounds.) Since I basically stole it, I decided to take advantage of Sig's service package promo and sent it to them for new springs, cleaning, etc.

It returned today. It's been a while since I've had much good to say about Sig (I used to sell guns and have been close to the Sig product line since the late 80's) but I definitely was satisfied with their effort on my P228. Not only did the smith do everything he was supposed to do (a rarity these days for Sig), he also replaced the worn Hogue grips with new Sig factory grips, replaced the older mag with a new one, replaced the cosmetically worn hammer with a new one, and shipped it all back in a new Sig case (I shipped the gun to them in a cardboard box), all at no additional cost to me.

The Kimberization of Sig is undisputable but it does seem the trend has slowed. With any luck, they will return to making a small line of outstanding firearms. The "rainbow titanium" nonsense is best left to others.

JamesZX1100

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    NE INDY
    I sent my P238 back about a year ago because the guy I bought it off of took it completely apart and couldn't get it back together. He said that he knew everything was there, but he just didn't know what he was doing wrong in order for it to not go back together. I myself, couldn't even get it back together, and I am pretty darn good about light gunsmithing! Anyways, I went ahead and sent it back WITHOUT the grips, mag, and barrel in the box. Once I received it back in the mail, the paper had told me it was missing the elector "something."

The reason I am posting to this thread is because they put a brand new set of factory grips on it,
    Put a brand new magazine in it AND sent a 2nd magazine still in package with it, and also sent me a Sig Catalog!! I was very please with their customer service!! I had about the same thing happen when I sent a Cobra Patriot .45 back to Cobra! =]

Top Bottom