• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Almost posted something when the story first broke (sounded like a drug deal gone bad in Greenfield.) Paul Harvey (the rest of the story) really came through here.

GREENFIELD, Ind. — After a shooting in Greenfield that hospitalized a 16-year-old boy on Sunday, Police Chief Brian Hartman revealed that for months now his department has been investigating a group that has been linked to the purchase and sale of illegal firearms and drugs.

Chief Hartman said that the investigation has led to the seizure of six illegal guns, 20 search warrants served and numerous arrests.

One of those arrests was a 37-year-old Greenfield man named Eric Schenk, who was arrested last week. The Hancock County Prosecutor filed formal criminal charges against Schenk on Monday.

Investigators say Schenk purchased guns, ammunition and machine gun conversion devices for his 16-year-old son.

The investigation into Schenk began when a stolen handgun was recovered from a juvenile in a separate case. That juvenile told police he bought the gun from a 20-year-old man who told police he got it from Schenk’s 16-year-old son.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    “Investigators say Schenk purchased guns, ammunition and machine gun conversion devices for his 16-year-old son”

So where does it say the father bought Drugs for his son?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    “Investigators say Schenk purchased guns, ammunition and machine gun conversion devices for his 16-year-old son”

“The messages detail very clearly that not only was Eric Schenk aware that [his son] had firearm(s) and was involved in narcotics and nicotine use, but that Eric Schenk provided items to [his son] and purchased them for him,” investigators wrote in a probable cause affidavit.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    “The messages detail very clearly that not only was Eric Schenk aware that [his son] had firearm(s) and was involved in narcotics and nicotine use, but that Eric Schenk provided items to [his son] and purchased them for him,” investigators wrote in a probable cause affidavit.
    Yeah the details are interesting and vague… the charges will be interesting.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Schenk was arrested after his interview with police and was booked into the Hancock County Jail. He faces three felony counts including neglect of a dependent and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
    Its on MyCase now, the third one is 35-47-10-7 Permitting a child to possess a firearm while aware of a substantial risk of using it to commit a felony. Today I learned about that law.

Nothing for straw purchase or the conversion device. The nature of charges against the minor is, of course, redacted.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

It says he bought the son Vape's and drug paraphernalia.
    I'm curious what "conversion" he bought.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Its on MyCase now, the third one is 35-47-10-7 Permitting a child to possess a firearm while aware of a substantial risk of using it to commit a felony. Today I learned about that law.

Nothing for straw purchase or the conversion device. The nature of charges against the minor is, of course, redacted.

Haven't looked at these types of charges before on mycase, but would the straw purchase and conversion device be federal and if so, do those show up on mycase, since it's specific to Indiana?

Just curious myself, but would hope they would charge with everything they could (and fully prosecute it all as well)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I didn't need my dad to buy my cigarettes, I got them from the vending machine at the snack shop.

My dad did buy me a H&R single shot 16 ga shotgun from Kmart for my 10th birthday in 1972.
    Yep, we had a bowling alley in the neighborhood, that place had 4 or 5 cigarette machines.

My dad would even send me to the little neighborhood grocery to buy him cigarettes. I got the bright idea once to buy a pack for myself there, when I told the old grocery guy what brand I wanted, he gave me a serious look and goes “that ain’t what your daddy smokes”.
    I never attempted that again.

Top Bottom