• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • browncoat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    north indy
    I know this is an older thread but after dropping off my kids at school on my way back home I passed what I thought to be a coyote. But this was grey with a white belly and stood about thigh high. This is in Carmel. Wish I would've gotten a pic but have there been any reports or sightings in central Indiana of wolves?

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    It is not unlikely that there are wolves in Indiana. As far as I know, no one keeps track of those "owners" who have wolves or wolf-hybrids, it wouldn't be a far stretch of the imagination that some get loose. However, Huskies and Malumutes also look like wolves. Wolves will not ever make a full comeback in Indiana because we have too many damn people on smaller lots. They require too much space. I wouldn't be too concerned overall and would only shoot if they cornered me or attacked my livestock. Much more danger from people that can't read trespassing signs or the neighborhood loose dog pack
    imo.

Last edited:

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    I know this is an older thread but after dropping off my kids at school on my way back home I passed what I thought to be a coyote. But this was grey with a white belly and stood about thigh high. This is in Carmel. Wish I would've gotten a pic but have there been any reports or sightings in central Indiana of wolves?
    I've killed some pretty big coyotes. One was the size of a large German Shepherd. I've seen a lot of others that are the size of a larger fox.

It's probably a coyote of a German Shepherd - much more likely. Breed a coyote with a German Shepherd and a Husky I'll bet you get a big coy-dog.

Top Bottom