• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Is it possible to grill with gunpowder like in the A-Team (the movie)? Murdock opens a shotgun shell and pours the gunpowder over the steak, then flips the steak over to a loud pop. The steak was received well by rest of the A-Team. I found a seasoning called Grillin' Gun Powder, but it doesn't seem to be actual gunpowder.

Marinading with antifreeze is probably a really, really, really bad idea.

Da Bing

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Too much TV

Is this an indication that you have difficulty telling the difference between TV/Movies and real life? In case it is, don't try reloading your ammo with "Grillin' Gun Powder"! :rolleyes:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Is it possible to grill with gunpowder like in the A-Team (the movie)? Murdock opens a shotgun shell and pours the gunpowder over the steak, then flips the steak over to a loud pop. The steak was received well by rest of the A-Team. I found a seasoning called Grillin' Gun Powder, but it doesn't seem to be actual gunpowder.

Da Bing
    Remember the John Wayne movie, where they made a drink with gunpowder, probably NOT a good idea, as far as anti-freeze goes, it is ethelyne glycol, (sp?????), it will kill YOU .....

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Da Bing

Sure, it sounds great to me. Go for it.... take pictures and let us know how it tasted. BTW, if you try it with different powders, let us know what you used. I'd be interested in how Varget works.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Thanks for the advice and encouragement, guys. I've invited some neighbors over and we're going to try grilling the A-Team way. I'll try both smokeless and black powder. Will let you guys know how it turns out in a few hours.

Da Bing

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Thanks for the advice and encouragement, guys. I've invited some neighbors over and we're going to try grilling the A-Team way. I'll try both smokeless and black powder. Will let you guys know how it turns out in a few hours.

Guys, a success!!!! My neighbors came over, and I fired up the grill. I put down some good steaks, and poured some smokeless gun powder (Hodgdon for those who want the recipe) on the top side. I went back to the house to get my videocam so I can record this for you guys. My neighbors said they'd turn the steaks. I heard a boom while I was in the house. By the time I came back out with the videocam, my neighbors had all left, I guess. I couldn't find them anywhere. But I think the gun powder made the steaks multiply. I now got way more grilled meat than I'd bought. Weird. Tastes like salty chicken. Not very smokey, though.

Da Bing

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom