• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Ok folks, the wife seems to always elicit opinions from folks on clothes, jewelery, etc.; me, not so much. But I'm gonna ask ya'll which of these grips you like on this gun. Tell me what you think...you might need to click the photos to make them a bit bigger; they didn't seem to link at the size I thought they would.

Number 1: These are of course the OEM Wilson grips (both sides same)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...1042524@N02/]rockhopper46038[/url], on Flickr OEM by rockhopper46038, on Flickr

Number 2: These are some Box Elder grips with a some smoke gray mixed in with the copper (back side same, only more smoke)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...1042524@N02/]rockhopper46038[/url], on Flickr burl2 by rockhopper46038, on Flickr

Number 3: These are some burled wood, similar to the last, but much more highly figured (back side REALLY wildly figured, but in the same theme

burl1 by rockhopper46038, on Flickr

Ok, so what say you?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Ok folks, the wife seems to always elicit opinions from folks on clothes, jewelery, etc.; me, not so much. But I'm gonna ask ya'll which of these grips you like on this gun. Tell me what you think...you might need to click the photos to make them a bit bigger; they didn't seem to link at the size I thought they would.

Number 1: These are of course the OEM Wilson grips (both sides same)
    OEM by rockhopper46038, on Flickr

Number 2: These are some Box Elder grips with a some smoke gray mixed in with the copper (back side same, only more smoke)
    burl2 by rockhopper46038, on Flickr

Number 3: These are some burled wood, similar to the last, but much more highly figured (back side REALLY wildly figured, but in the same theme

burl1 by rockhopper46038, on Flickr

Ok, so what say you?

I like the OEM WILSON:yesway::twocents::D

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Number 2 has my vote.

:dunno: It doesn't appear that any of us has made this decision any easier for you, seeing as you now have one vote for each... Sorry. lol

Anyone else going to help this gentleman out? :ingo:

God knows there are enough opinions on this site! :D

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    I can't tell that well from the pictures but it appears the only one that has any texture is the OEM Wilson. If that is the case it would be my first choice. But then again even if the others were checkered I would probably still pick the Wilson grip.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I'm tempted to say #3 to keep a tie going:D, however, I like #2 better. Real wood grips just look amazing on a 1911.

Top Bottom