Please reply by conversation.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm not making excuses for anyone, but since I posted the update I'll let you know what I can. Tyler is pretty sick right now and tried to make this happen, but cannot. He said he would have someone refund your money. That is all I know.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    thats pretty shady that the thread was closed...guess if you pay money you can do whatever you like and the mods will cover for you.

Maybe Anvil Arms or Botach from a few years ago should advertise here too...the mods will cover for them too

I resent your insinuation. As I said in my post before closing the thread, I don't know what's going on with Tyler. I've met him a few times, months apart and months ago. The contact I've had with him was positive and this is the first instance I've ever seen that anyone's had a cross word about him. I'm not "covering for" anyone.

If I had reason to believe he'd done something and someone wrong on purpose, that would be different. I'm willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt, though. I closed the thread as per norm for "-1" threads, as I stated. It already has more posts in it than we normally have, but I got to it as soon as I saw it. (To clarify, someone posts a -1, we lock it and tell the subject of the -1 that they may post a rebuttal. Doing otherwise tends to lead to piling-on, and that's not any help to anyone and just builds resentment between people.)

I know GBs not happening is frustrating. I know no one likes being disappointed. I'll be very surprised if, when Tyler comes back here, he's not equally disappointed that he couldn't complete it.

As for your comments insulting my integrity, you are entitled to your opinion. It appears that your mind is made up and you wish not to be confused with little things we call "facts". That said, however, the mod staff are members of INGO just as you are, and insulting other INGO members, including me, does violate site rules. Keep that in mind, please.

Blessings,
    Bill

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I resent your insinuation. As I said in my post before closing the thread, I don't know what's going on with Tyler. I've met him a few times, months apart and months ago. The contact I've had with him was positive and this is the first instance I've ever seen that anyone's had a cross word about him. I'm not "covering for" anyone.

If I had reason to believe he'd done something and someone wrong on purpose, that would be different. I'm willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt, though. I closed the thread as per norm for "-1" threads, as I stated. It already has more posts in it than we normally have, but I got to it as soon as I saw it. (To clarify, someone posts a -1, we lock it and tell the subject of the -1 that they may post a rebuttal. Doing otherwise tends to lead to piling-on, and that's not any help to anyone and just builds resentment between people.)

I know GBs not happening is frustrating. I know no one likes being disappointed. I'll be very surprised if, when Tyler comes back here, he's not equally disappointed that he couldn't complete it.

As for your comments insulting my integrity, you are entitled to your opinion. It appears that your mind is made up and you wish not to be confused with little things we call "facts". That said, however, the mod staff are members of INGO just as you are, and insulting other INGO members, including me, does violate site rules. Keep that in mind, please.

Blessings,
    Bill

I simply made an observation, you shouldn't take it personal, as it was not meant as a personal attack. I made the assumption that locking threads that -1 advertisers is the SOP, which, even you say is the "norm". "-" posts regarding those who do not advertise don't appear to be locked?

FWIW, I was not part of the GB, however in the past I had given his name to a few folks for knife work. Knowing that some folks have had a bad experence is helpful for the future.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    All Papal refunds have been made and the two payments that were mailed will go out on Monday. If anyone has concerns, please PM me.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    As frustrated as this whole ordeal has made me, I understand stuff happens. My main complaint was that he stated he wanted this to be a quick deal, I sent my money in ASAP as requested and then it took 2 months to finally be told it is off. All I wanted was some communication. I was never worried about him screwing us as I know he is a well trusted member and advertiser.
    As I said I understand stuff happens, so I am not holding any grudge and I have moved on. I wish Tyler34 the best and hope everything is well for him. :ingo:

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Got my account credited, was refunded too much so I sent the extra amount back.

I agree with Johnp82. I'm not butthurt that the group buy didn't go through, but I was just mind blown at communication, or lack thereof.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom