• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Evening: Christys auction house, on madison ave. Indy, is advertising a guns auction: on Sept.10-entire gun shop seizure. Nothing at their website, this is Sunday's indystar, is this from the aft raid in Parker City? :dunno:

Last edited:

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Evening: Christys auction house, on madison ave. Indy, is advertising a guns auction: on Sept.10-entire gun shop seizure. Nothing at their website, this is Sunday's indystar, is this from the aft raid in Parker City? :dunno:
    I'm not real sure, but I don't think they can sell the evidence before the trial.

Indyrich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    NE INDY
    Unfortunately all gun auctions I've been to are not good deals. Most auctions, including Christy's has a 10% buyers fee, plus tax, plus transfer fee. So take your $300 "DEAL" then add 17% and then add the transfer fee......all that usually equals "NO DEAL"

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Unfortunately all gun auctions I've been to are not good deals. Most auctions, including Christy's has a 10% buyers fee, plus tax, plus transfer fee. So take your $300 "DEAL" then add 17% and then add the transfer fee......all that usually equals "NO DEAL"
    Couldn't agree more, been to a few, and there are a few deals, but they are few and far between.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    Yea most new auction people dont realize the buyers premium and taxes on top of it. I did buy a new Benelli Super Nova at a Christys auction for $200 last year. Most stuff goes pretty high though. At an auction like you are talking about old Don Dumbass himself will definately be there, trumping any good deals that might happen.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've been to two gun auctions and the only thing I bought was a old Chicago locking gun case for transportation.

People over bid on almost every single gun purchase because of either they don't stay current on prices or just plain stupidity.

I'm never going to another one again.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Depends on what you're after. If you want what nobody else does you can get a good deal. I bought my wife's Marlin mod 60 for $60 there a few years ago. An older one with less palstic in it and the 18 shot capacity. Cause every one else was focused on the High end stuff and these Carbine conversion for hand guns. And I missed the chance for a Winchester 1897 pump the went for less than $150.00, thought it would go much higher. Probably could have doubled my money at a cowboy match.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Is this considered a private auction or what? Im looking for another handgun but im not 21 yet. I know you dont have to be 21 to buy from a private seller so thats why i was wondering. Any insight

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    You'll want to get there early and thoroughly inspect all pieces you're interested in.
    All sales as-is and they're NOT gun savvy.
    Don't be surprised to find misinformation on the tags. They tell you the disclaimer and it doesn't matter what the tag says. You bid on it, win it, and it's yours. Period!
    Once the auction starts it goes pretty fast so keep your attention span intact.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Price being the main concern, always keep a blue book in car, and maybe a shotgun news. Get their early look at anything you maybe interested in make notes of condition of wepon, go back outside and look it up with your references. If wireless is available and laptop could work too. Just my 2 cents, I have gotten some good deals, last one was a Ruguer mini-30 for $490 !!!!, but that was in madison Ind.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I talked to Sharon at Christys yesterday and the sale is on the 10th at 9:00am start time. Coins will also be auctioned off
    It's the closure sale of a gunshop in Cicero. They will post inventory on the auction site as soon as they have a complete inventory finished. Hopefully tomorrow (1st) is what I was told.

Top Bottom