Gun Auction Friday March 23rd 6:00 PM Jasper, IN.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    A decent sized gun auction going off this Friday night at 6:00PM down here in Jasper. Over 120 guns plus over good stuff. No Proxi-bid so deals can be had.

Auction Details

[FONT=trebuchet ms, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Auctioneer's Note:
    A special Friday night offering of some very nice firearms. Terms are cash, check or credit card. A 3% Buyers Premium on credit card purchases. Sales tax charged. All items sold as-is. $10.00 per gun transfer fee. All guns sold in accordance with State and Federal ATF law. All items to be sold in catalogued order. Doors opens at 4:00 p.m. day of auction. Plenty of seating and great food available inside our large auction facility. For more information, call Chip Kugler at (812) 630-9691 or visit website at The Auction Company.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Wow sales tax and a transfer fee??? I thought sales tax was charged to merchants. I have never had a merchant sell me a gun then charge me another fee to transfer it to me.

I have had to pay a transfer fee when buying from individuals but individuals don't charge sales tax when buying their guns.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Wow sales tax and a transfer fee??? I thought sales tax was charged to merchants. I have never had a merchant sell me a gun then charge me another fee to transfer it to me.

I have had to pay a transfer fee when buying from individuals but individuals don't charge sales tax when buying their guns.

Sales tax is charged to consumers! The transfer fee? Yeah, that sucks! But it's less than the 10% buyers premium that Christys charges! That really sucks!!!

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    auctioneers must charge sales tax as there are more than one consigner i assume , plus auctioneers must have an ffl to sell at their facility , if you are selling at an estate and seller request you hand them out than that may be so , but to sell firearms any longer at auction at your facility you must have an ffl per the ATF

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    auctioneers must charge sales tax as there are more than one consigner i assume , plus auctioneers must have an ffl to sell at their facility , if you are selling at an estate and seller request you hand them out than that may be so , but to sell firearms any longer at auction at your facility you must have an ffl per the ATF

The auctioneer or the owner of the establishment does NOT need to have an FFL. He simply needs to have someone there who does have an FFL to take care of the paperwork. I have bought firearms from Ravens Roost in Lafayette and I know the owner (Tom Fullam) and his family very well. He pays one of the local shops in Lafayette to have someone come over and do all of their transfers.

Last edited:

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Sales tax is charged to consumers!

Sales tax is not charged to consumers on private sales. Sales tax is collected by merchants on behalf of the state of Indiana and those merchants even receive a portion of the sales tax for collecting it.

The transfer fee? Yeah, that sucks! But it's less than the 10% buyers premium that Christys charges! That really sucks!!!

It is not less than the 10% buyers premium that Christy's charges if you buy a $50 POS. I guess that's the reason I don't shop at Christy's. Yeah, that's the reason.

Auctioneers do not have to charge sales tax on private sales. Auctioneers do not need an ffl to auction guns. Auctioneers need an ffl or person with an ffl to take guns to their facility to have an auction.

I guess my point was that when you start $10 and 7% in the hole, it is kind of like shopping at the Indy 1500 without as many bargains!

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Wow I was just trying to share a spot where I pick up some good deals. With all the wine and cheese festivals I hear all the time here about, "No good deals at the 1500, Private sellers want too much for their used stuff, my chili ring is on fire. etc!"

Come on down to SoIN. Try the bratwurst, voted the best sandwich in all of Indiana. Get a good deal at the auction. Then hit Patoka for some good fishing.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Come on down to SoIN. Try the bratwurst, voted the best sandwich in all of Indiana. Get a good deal at the auction. Then hit Patoka for some good fishing.

Hell Ya! We gotta meet up when I get back home. We'll do some shooting. I dont think theres a whole lot of people on here from around the area.

Top Bottom