• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acarter333

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Morgantown, IN
    Hello All! I am new here! My husband let me shoot his gun about 5 years ago and I have been hooked ever since. He said I have unbelievable talent with shooting guns? Anyway I am very into guns now but I want to learn more. I was wondering if anyone knew of any Women's Gun Clubs/Assc? Or maybe even workshops or classes to learn more about shooting, etc. Thank You!

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Hello All! I am new here! My husband let me shoot his gun about 5 years ago and I have been hooked ever since. He said I have unbelievable talent with shooting guns? Anyway I am very into guns now but I want to learn more. I was wondering if anyone knew of any Women's Gun Clubs/Assc? Or maybe even workshops or classes to learn more about shooting, etc. Thank You!

I know Atlanta Conservation Club had at least one "Women Only" class and range session last year. I believe their outgoing President, Jim Barbour, put it on with some help from other members. The picture I saw had to have had 15+ women smiling from ear to ear.

Plus, Ken Campbell at Boone County Sheriff's Department has an all women's handgun course that he puts on.

Also, the fine folks at ACT (forum sponsor here) will do private, one on one sessions.

Plenty of options out there, but I don't know of any gun clubs locally devoted to women only.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Welcome! :ingo:

I'm not quite sure how to answer your questions. I know that there is a NRA Women on Target program, but I'm not aware of anything going on in Indiana. There are also "women only" shoots and "women only classes". It depends on exactly what type of activity you're looking for...

One thing is to get with the ladies here and organize activities...

Another is to join your local club and organize the womens' activities...

If you've been shooting five years you are likely more advanced than the average person who takes one of our NRA Basic Pistol classes... but on the other hand, if you get 5 or so of your closest friend together, those who have never tried it before, for a Pistol class then we could shut down the range and you could have it to yourselves. Who knows you might create a few new shooting buddies!

Shooting is always better with a buddy... or a girlfriend...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Women-only instruction or women-only shooting locales?

None of the latter of which I'm aware. And only a few of the former.

Is there any particular reason you want women-only? (Cuz I like the guys to be around when I outshoot them. :D)

Welcome! :ingo:

One thing is to get with the ladies here and organize activities...

We just concluded our 2nd meet-eat-greet last weekend. We've another scheduled for end of Feb (26th IIRC). Check out the "time for another" thread. And when the weather warms up, I think we're going to make one a shooting event...at least that was the intent when these got started. ;) We'd love to have you join.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Hi acarter. Welcome to INGO. Where are you located? Depending on your location, there are classes available to help hone your skills. Are you interested in handguns or rifles and shotguns? I know that there have been women only classes in Central IN. I enjoy the mixed class as I learn as much from the men as the women.
    As 88Gt mentioned, check out the Women and Guns forum for the next get together. I enjoyed the comraderie of the last one and am looking forward to the next get together. Hope you can join us. :)

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    check this out there are some Girl power only classes

HHRPC Handgun Training Page

7-Jun-11
    4:00 PM to Dusk
    10 max
    Handgun Familiarization, Ladies Only
    ammo provided
    $50
    $70
    21-Jun-11
    4:00 PM to Dusk
    4 max
    Basic Handgun Handling and Marksmanship 1, Ladies Only
    $50
    $70

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Please check out our Tactics and Training forum
    Tactics and Training - INGunOwners We also have some site supporters in there that I know provide women only training. They'll also provide one on one training in some cases.

If you want to learn how to shoot a rifle. I HIGHLY recommend attending an appleseed event. If you don't own a rifle, let them know ahead of time and they will sometimes be able to provide you one to shoot. If they know ahead of time that you are coming, it would be easier for them to work that out with you.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN

Contact the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association. There should be a link on the website entitled "Women of the ISRPA" or something similar.

Every state has a Rifle and Pistol Association and they are the local arm of the NRA. The State Associations are who fight for our second amendment rights at the local and State level, where it really matters.

There is lots of info and programs for all shooters and competitors.

Check out Home Page

hip shot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    I know Atlanta Conservation Club had at least one "Women Only" class and range session last year. I believe their outgoing President, Jim Barbour, put it on with some help from other members. The picture I saw had to have had 15+ women smiling from ear to ear.

Plus, Ken Campbell at Boone County Sheriff's Department has an all women's handgun course that he puts on.

Also, the fine folks at ACT (forum sponsor here) will do private, one on one sessions.

Plenty of options out there, but I don't know of any gun clubs locally devoted to women only.

Go see Jim at the Atlanta CC...................:yesway::popcorn: unless it is for shotgun then go see Bob Self at the Indiana Gun Club

hip shot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010

this is very good advice:popcorn:

Top Bottom