• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I am not sure in all the Hi Point bashing threads/videos I have seen one break in half...
    Is there something worse then a Hi Point?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    That's got to be one of the worst jobs of news reporting I've ever seen.

Not one fact is clear other than the fact that shots were fired, someone was assaulted, and school-kids were in the general vicinity.

How does a gun go off AFTER it has broken in half? How does a gun break in half?

Geez

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Figuring a semi-auto pistol, if it "broke in half" then the magazine would be in a separate piece from the barrel, which is the only place a round can fire from. So how would there have been "shots" fired since most pistols I know of only can chamber one round at a time, and can't feed a second if the mag is somewhere other than attached to the slide.

Not even going to talk about a revolver.

Considering how well the story was written, I am guessing the shots came from someone else who had a firearm and pulled the trigger multiple times, and the one that broke didn't fire anything.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The gun probably went off when striking the person. Then, the slide probably came off because it wasn't properly put together.

I agree, there aren't much in the way of facts in the article.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    It seems all of the local news channels are suffering from the same malady. INCOMPETENCE! They know how to look good on TV and pay homage to the king but the reporting (missing elements of who, what, when, where and why), grammar and spelling errors not picked up by editing actually make the news stories hard to read. I guess it is due to poorly educated young reporters and poor management of them.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy

Jenel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    I am not sure in all the Hi Point bashing threads/videos I have seen one break in half...
    Is there something worse then a Hi Point?

Davis Industries, Raven Arms, and Jennings just to name a few. I ain't sticking up for Hi Point by any means, but there are worse.

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    Not to get away from OP, but did anyone think that the guy who was pistol whipped could have been Jaws from James Bond? I mean, that's the only only way I see a gun breaking when used as a club.:D
    Jaws.jpg

Top Bottom