• Status
    Not open for further replies.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    Hi everyone. I recently purchased my first gun, a new m&p shield 9mm and fired my first 150rds tonight. I haven't fired a firearm in about 15 years when i occasionally shot with my uncle. It felt good to get behind the trigger. I convinced my gf to get me a rifle for Christmas. I just want a 22, nothing fancy. Everything I've read tells me to go for a 10/22, but I keep looking at the mossberg flex 22 tactical. Any input on either would be appreciated.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Welcome to the group!

:welcome:

Don't know how the latest money saving things hurt or help the new Ruger 10/22s, but the old ones with the metal trigger pack is almost unbeatable. The only real problem is that there are so many ways to customize it you can spend many times what you paid for the initial rifle just in upgrades or customizations. :)

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    welcome.
    it's hard to beat a 10/22.
    I'm unfamiliar with that exact mossberg model. It looks like it's a semi auto with an AR style stock.
    I'd get the 10/22 simply for the availability of magazines (and down the road if you want other accessories)

You could also consider some of the excellent bolt action (or even pump options) that are out there. That might help the ammo not disappear quite as fast, since it is still a bit tough to find .22LR on most shelves

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    The 22's I recommend are as follows. Ruger 10/22, winchester 190, marlin 60 or 795. 10/22 has the most aftermarket support. 795's are great for the money. And the other 2 are traditional style tube fed ones I just grew up shooting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom