Gun Rights - Are There Any Peaceful Solutions Left?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    Go read some of J_Wales posts and the posts from his various shill acounts. If you still don't get it, then there might be a problem...

So...if I understand you correctly, if I don't see things the way that you see things, there might be a problem? That seems pretty open minded... At one time, people valued the appropriately expressed thoughts of people who did not see things the same way that they saw things. I guess those times have passed.

Maybe my statements were specifically about the topic at hand...and I meant what I said, that the posts in this thread did not seem (to me) to be inciting "revolution" rather, additional thinking. It seems like others have posted their ideas which one could claim were "inciting people to revolution" and nary a word was said publicly, yet this person seems to elicit a different response. I asked why and it appears I received an answer. Whether I agree with that answer is moot, because this is not my site and it's not my place to say. I simply asked...

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I can sympathize w/both sides of this argument, but I think scutter has enough history on his side to warrant his concern.

Fenway's responsibility here currently is to keep the forum he "owns" free of any activity that might threaten its continued existence. J. Wales has a different, though possibly as important, agenda. His choice of location to promote that agenda shows an inconsiderate attitude toward those of us who would continue to use this sight as it was intended.

IBTL.:twocents:j

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    So...if I understand you correctly, if I don't see things the way that you see things, there might be a problem? That seems pretty open minded... At one time, people valued the appropriately expressed thoughts of people who did not see things the same way that they saw things. I guess those times have passed.

Maybe my statements were specifically about the topic at hand...and I meant what I said, that the posts in this thread did not seem (to me) to be inciting "revolution" rather, additional thinking. It seems like others have posted their ideas which one could claim were "inciting people to revolution" and nary a word was said publicly, yet this person seems to elicit a different response. I asked why and it appears I received an answer. Whether I agree with that answer is moot, because this is not my site and it's not my place to say. I simply asked...

I didn't say I had a problem. I said there might be a problem. By that I mean some of your personal views may be in conflict with INGO policy. Don't shoot the messenger. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    I didn't say I had a problem. I said there might be a problem. By that I mean some of your personal views may be in conflict with INGO policy. Don't shoot the messenger. :rolleyes:

I'm not shooting the messenger at all... and I know you didn't say you had a problem, you were inferring that I had the problem. However, it's merely speculation on your part as to whether or not my personal views conflict with INGO policy.

:rolleyes:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I'm not shooting the messenger at all... and I know you didn't say you had a problem, you were inferring that I had the problem. However, it's merely speculation on your part as to whether or not my personal views conflict with INGO policy.

:rolleyes:

Note the word might in my problem.

might 2 (mt)
    aux.v. Past tense of may
    a. Used to indicate a condition or state contrary to fact: She might help if she knew the truth.
    b. Used to indicate a possibility or probability that is weaker than may: We might discover a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
    2. Used to express possibility or probability or permission in the past: She told him yesterday he might not go on the trip.

Note definition 1b. You are in fact shooting the messenger, but that's ok, my skin is rather thick.

Take care.

Top Bottom