• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    I posted this question in the Johnson Forum with no response so hopefully more visibility here. I am looking for ideas and the specific hardware used to organize and use the door space. i don't want to use one of those sewn material door organizers...I would rather use the peg board...just looking to see what others have done with this space?

Thanks

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Instead of a full sheet of pegboard you can buy metal strips that accept pegboard hooks. You just screw the strips to whatever backing material is already on the interior of the door.

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    I finally gave up on the hardware store hooks as they would keep falling off the pegboard and would also scratch guns that I was hanging on the door. I finally discovered talonhooks.com. They have a variety of different hooks in reinforced nylon. They install with no effort and stay put until you want to remove them. Problem permanently solved with no effort and low cost.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I use the hardware hooks on my Johnson (ouch! :):) I hang misc. stuff from the hooks, as well as a few handguns. One hook in the trigger guard, the other under the barrel. The handgun hooks are rubber/plastic coated so they don't scratch. I also found some plastic 'doo-dads' that fit over the hooks to lock them in place. I'll see if I can get some pics tonight.

ol' poke

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    You can always use heat shrink to cover any of the hook type metal you get at the hardware store or paracord with the inner strands removed

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    My Cannon safe came with an organizer on the door. It is heavy duty nylon with various size pockets and elastic loops . The loops will hold handguns and large magazines, the pockets hold choke tubes, smaller mags, bore sighter, etcetera. Don't think I would like things swinging around on hooks and peg board.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I hang extra pistols on the door. I don't really have a "Dewey Decimal" system so it is all by ear.

I use the plastic "power pegs". I got them at Peg USA in Fort Worth, Texas, but I am sure you can get others on the net.

Here's an old photo of one of my doors:

utf-8BRmFpcmZpZWxkLTIwMTMwMTI5LTAwMTMzLmpwZw.jpg

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I finally gave up on the hardware store hooks as they would keep falling off the pegboard and would also scratch guns that I was hanging on the door. I finally discovered talonhooks.com. They have a variety of different hooks in reinforced nylon. They install with no effort and stay put until you want to remove them. Problem permanently solved with no effort and low cost.

Thanks to INGO, & this thread, I've ordered some of the talon hooks, appear to be exactly what I was trying to find!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    One of my cabinets has bare painted steel on the inside of the door. I used large command strip hooks and it works well for the few l have. And being that they are plastic, no scratches. :yesway:

Top Bottom