• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    Thanks to everyone for the input. Based on what I've read here and the info I found in my research it sounds like I'm OK rolling a safe across the floors upstairs as long as I stay under ~600 lbs. It's getting it up the steps that I'm sweating. I've got some trusty friends that can help me. If anyone has tips on how to get a 600 lb object up a flight of steps I would love to hear how you did it.

Thanks again.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    Thanks to everyone for the input. Based on what I've read here and the info I found in my research it sounds like I'm OK rolling a safe across the floors upstairs as long as I stay under ~600 lbs. It's getting it up the steps that I'm sweating. I've got some trusty friends that can help me. If anyone has tips on how to get a 600 lb object up a flight of steps I would love to hear how you did it.

Thanks again.

One step at a time. :D

Sheltie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    N.E. Indiana
    I bought my safe from a locksmith in Plymouth Indiana. He was knowledgeable and had a stair dolly. He literally moved the safe himself up and down steps to get it in my house. He delivered it with a box truck with a lift. I think the safe weighs around 800#. If I sell the house it comes with it.

Best investment I have made. I am all for saving money but I felt it was worth more to listen to the advise of a professional and with his ability to deliver and provide service I was willing to pay more for that.

One last thing, what ever size safe you think you need, go one size bigger.

FWIW, I'm not related to or associated with the gentleman that owns the company I just appreciated his service and knowledge.

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    My safe weighs around 1800 pounds empty, to move it I simply called DB Safe in Plymouth. Dave showed up with the tools (pallet, pallet jack, railroad jacks, aluminum plate, plywood, pry bars, stair climbing dolly, lift gate truck) and most importantly the knowledge to get it moved no muss no fuss.

I originally was going to move it with some strong friends and he laughed (I bought it from him) and told me a number of horror stories of guys DIYing with ropes and such. The end results were ambo rides and/or broken safes.

Best $250 I ever spent....

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    When I brought in my 2000+ lb. monolith (empty), I left it on the 4x4's, lifted the carpet inside, removed the lag bolts, drilled completely through to the concrete, and secured it into the concrete in the garage slab. Very secure. I was impressed that even before it was loaded with guns, before it was bolted down, I could open the door and hang my 275lb body, and not even make the safe so much as shudder. With my golden rod, it stays nice and toasty inside, and I'm very satisfied. :yesway:

Top Bottom