• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ben 95cobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    i was wondering if anyone has built there own rack system inside there safe and what it looks like.? i have a new cannon safe and not happy with the quality of the racks.

9mm Bill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Lafayette
    I'm glad you posted this. I am wondering how people store guns in their safe. Do you store the gun in the tupperware? Do you store it separate? Do you store your ammo in the safe. I have about 19 guns in my safe and can't figure out a nice way to store everything. Are your magazines loaded or not? My bedside gun is always loaded, but nothing in the safe is.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have a Johnson safe with the all gun interior.

interior10.jpg

I have hung pistols on the inside of the door of the safe. As well, Jeff built me extra shelves. to stack more handguns on (I wedge them in vertically). The top shelf is for AR-15 receivers, NFA paperwork, a few magazines (I keep the mags in those plastic tubs from Wal-Mart), coins, inter alia.

I also have an AMSEC safe upstairs in the home office in which I keep pistols.

I keep the magazines loaded in my chest rig in the rifle rack by the door and my carry guns. All other mags are kept unloaded.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Guns NOT in cases and loaded in the safe, mags loaded in the safe, the rest of the ammo is in another safe with various other accessories, third safe contains paperwork, receipts, insurance policies, titles, deeds, living wills/wills, spare keys for everything, etc....you know what they say about safes, go BIG or stay home, I went big three times now and looking for a good deal on another.
    I don't have this yet and there are several manufacturers that offer similar models but this is the way to go:
    Pendleton Safes - Valuables Management

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Guns NOT in cases and loaded in the safe, mags loaded in the safe, the rest of the ammo is in another safe with various other accessories, third safe contains paperwork, receipts, insurance policies, titles, deeds, living wills/wills, spare keys for everything, etc....you know what they say about safes, go BIG or stay home, I went big three times now and looking for a good deal on another.
    I don't have this yet and there are several manufacturers that offer similar models but this is the way to go:
    Pendleton Safes - Valuables Management

Where are those for sale, theres no price listed?

someguy9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    I dont care for the interior of mine either. Lots of wasted space. Ill certainly read your suggestions.

Top Bottom