• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    Well... I never plug for a website or company (besides this one of course :ingo:)

But... I just ordered my Ruger 10/22 from Impact Guns Online Store . $199.00...free shipping...and 0% tax. Out of state = no tax. This is the second gun I have ordered from them. First one was good service. I don't doubt this one will be either..and my gun will get sent out at the end of the week. So $199.00 + FFL transfer cost of $10.00.. and I get my brand new 10/22.

Thought you all may be interested.

dcary7

BurninBrass

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    between a couple cornfields
    I am also in Terre Haute. Who do you use for your transfers? I have never ordered a gun online and always wondered who around here was good to deal with for transfers. Do you purchase it and send/fax a copy of the FFL paperwork to the seller or does the local FFL handle the entire purchase? Sorry for all the questions but it is all new to me.

Thanks!

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Out of state = no tax? I thought Indiana collects tax on out of state purchases. I always pay all my tax and even if I didn't I wouldn't advertise or advocate commiting a felony on any public forum.
    Congrats on the great buy tho' and good luck with the Ruger.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I'm curious too about the $10 transfer fee. I've done a few at Favre's. They charge $20, which is a little less than many places. Plus they're good people and pleasant to deal with.

I usually call and order the gun first, then call the FFL and have them fax a copy of their license. Sometimes the FFL needs to send your name, and sometimes your invoice number along with the faxed license. It depends on who you're buying from so it's always a good idea to call them, at least the first time.

Buying something from out of state and not paying sales tax is common. In fact very, very few places do charge sales tax. You take care of that come tax time.

Forgot to say, congrats on the 10/22. You'll enjoy it!

Last edited:

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    Out of state = no tax? I thought Indiana collects tax on out of state purchases. I always pay all my tax and even if I didn't I wouldn't advertise or advocate commiting a felony on any public forum.
    Congrats on the great buy tho' and good luck with the Ruger.

Lighten up, I saw nothing advocating the commission of a felony. I am sure he will send in the appropriate Tax when he files...which is how it gets paid if the company doesn't take it out.

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    i have to update my location. I live in around Vincennes now.. and Hunter's Choice does it for me. Yes.. perhaps I should've been more clear about the tax. No I am not committing any felonies. I pay everything I am due to pay come tax time. I was just illustrating the point of $199.00 from the store to my home. :dunno:

And like I said, I never plug for a site in case people do have problems when they order. Just thought someone else might be interested in a good deal.

-dcary7

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Dunn's in Marion, IL (also Paducah, KY and Pevely, MO) had them on sale recently for $189. We bought 2. We were around there for a few days so the one day waiting law worked out for us.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Krinkle coated?

I'm not sure about tax, shipping, and all that, but Midwest Gun Exchange out of Mishawaka had them for $189.

Are they still krinkle coated to hide the machining marks on the rcvr? Do they still have plastic trigger groups in the new ones? If they are and still do, $189 is more than I'll consider wasting on a new one. I'd sooner order a NODAK-Spud or a Kidd rcvr and build one to my own spec. It'll cost more but it'll shoot a lot better and last much longer. And I wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen with it.:rolleyes:

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Lighten up, I saw nothing advocating the commission of a felony. I am sure he will send in the appropriate Tax when he files...which is how it gets paid if the company doesn't take it out.

Ok, carry on as before. I too was sure he meant nothing out of sorts but it never hurts to avoid misinterpretation on a public gun forum.

Top Bottom