• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Was driving down the toll road the other day and noticed what appears to be a new billboard advertising for a large gunshop. Is there any truth to the "large" portion and is it worth my while to stop in the next time I am out in that direction?

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    If it's the one I found out there some time back.............it's a little place inside some box home improvement store. I see Al at Maple City Sports downtown Laporte:twocents:

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    You must mean the gun shop inside Mikes Country Store out on 39? If so, they aren't that big, but they have a few things, some interesting items at times and the prices aren't too bad, if ur out that way stop in, decent ppl workin in there, easy to deal with and friendly

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Go check out Gun Town. It's on HWY 30 by Grovertown. Not that bad of a drive from LaPorte, decent prices and lots of guns.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Don't know the name... that's why I am asking about it. :)

Drove by so fast that I hardly caught the billboard. Only thing I noticed was that they were advertising that they apparently had what they think is an extraordinary large selection of guns. I don't drive that way all that often but I will be back later this week if things work out for me. I don't want to waste my time on just a run of the mill store.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Go check out Gun Town. It's on HWY 30 by Grovertown. Not that bad of a drive from LaPorte, decent prices and lots of guns.

I've gone past there quite a bit in the last couple months, but haven't stopped in. I might have to now. Thanks for the heads up!:rockwoot:

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    They also bought out the rest of LaPorte Sporting goods stuff. They're still in the process of going through it. It's a small shop but surprisingly well stocked. They also ordered a M&P compact w/extended grip that 3 other shops said wasn't available. I had it in 3 days. I'm hoping that enough people ask them to order reloading supplies. We could use a friendlier place than Kempf's in Michigan City to get reloading supplies from.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    They also bought out the rest of LaPorte Sporting goods stuff. They're still in the process of going through it. It's a small shop but surprisingly well stocked. They also ordered a M&P compact w/extended grip that 3 other shops said wasn't available. I had it in 3 days. I'm hoping that enough people ask them to order reloading supplies. We could use a friendlier place than Kempf's in Michigan City to get reloading supplies from.
    Amen to that about the reloading stuff...
    The last time I was there they were closed on Monday and Tuesday and all there handguns were gone!!!!:dunno:

Havent been there in about a month so maybe they were doing inventory or something

Top Bottom