• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you know / remember / can find out the company that towed your car... it can also be found out who did the hook on your ride.

Inquire if you can file a police report about someone stealing the gun when it happened.

If he / they did it to you, the chances are high that you're not the only one.

Newg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Westside of Indy.
    I'm am not a big supporter of IMPD or our city-county government. But I will provide them with a little bit of defense when I feel it is deserved. My home was burglarized in May of 2011. I had 10 firearms stolen. I provided serial numbers for 8 of 10 guns. As of April 2012, Of the 8 I provided serial numbers for 5 of them have been recovered and are now back in my possession. Each time one was recovered I was sent a letter notifying me of when I could begin the process of retrieving it. Yes the process is a pain in the a** and does require two trips to the city-county building each time but I had no problem getting them back.

I'm only posting this story to say that during the process I did not experience what many people believe I would have experienced. That being the city and IMPD dragging their feet and being reluctant to give my guns back. I followed their process and got them back.

Now, at risk of high-jacking the thread, I'll give a little criticism. Of the five firearms I recovered. The first was found on an 18 y/o kid who was being served a warrant for; strangulation, criminal confinement, battery w/ injury, and domestic violence. He was then charged with theft/receiving stolen property & possession of a firearm w/ no LTCH. This was four days after my home was burglarized. My gun was at the city-county building longer than he was in jail. He received a 365 day sentence. All of it was suspended except for the 25 he spent there waiting for his second court appearance. I guess maybe they'll keep him a little longer after he kills someone. The second and third were recovered at a pawn shop after they had been pawned. One in October 2011. The other in January 2012. The two others were turned in down at the city county building in February 2012 in a "no questions asked type scenario".

One person was arrested with one of my guns four days after the burglary. They have names and fingerprints of two different people that pawned my firearms. One within five months of the burglary. One within eight months. As of today, no arrests have been made in the burglary of my home. I would have thought Barney Fife could have cracked this case by now.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Don't waste any more time with phone calls, get your serial #,approximate date of the turn in and go to the property room. Basement of the city county bldg. But don't get your hopes up. Start saving your money and buy your wife a quality gun that fits her.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'm am not a big supporter of IMPD or our city-county government. But I will provide them with a little bit of defense when I feel it is deserved. My home was burglarized in May of 2011. I had 10 firearms stolen. I provided serial numbers for 8 of 10 guns. As of April 2012, Of the 8 I provided serial numbers for 5 of them have been recovered and are now back in my possession. Each time one was recovered I was sent a letter notifying me of when I could begin the process of retrieving it. Yes the process is a pain in the a** and does require two trips to the city-county building each time but I had no problem getting them back.

I'm only posting this story to say that during the process I did not experience what many people believe I would have experienced. That being the city and IMPD dragging their feet and being reluctant to give my guns back. I followed their process and got them back.

Now, at risk of high-jacking the thread, I'll give a little criticism. Of the five firearms I recovered. The first was found on an 18 y/o kid who was being served a warrant for; strangulation, criminal confinement, battery w/ injury, and domestic violence. He was then charged with theft/receiving stolen property & possession of a firearm w/ no LTCH. This was four days after my home was burglarized. My gun was at the city-county building longer than he was in jail. He received a 365 day sentence. All of it was suspended except for the 25 he spent there waiting for his second court appearance. I guess maybe they'll keep him a little longer after he kills someone. The second and third were recovered at a pawn shop after they had been pawned. One in October 2011. The other in January 2012. The two others were turned in down at the city county building in February 2012 in a "no questions asked type scenario".

One person was arrested with one of my guns four days after the burglary. They have names and fingerprints of two different people that pawned my firearms. One within five months of the burglary. One within eight months. As of today, no arrests have been made in the burglary of my home. I would have thought Barney Fife could have cracked this case by now.
    Prosecutors WILL NOT file burglary charges unless there are prints or a witness even if I find the suspect 5 minutes after the burglary with the victim's property. Been there...done that. Unless the suspects confess, there will be no burglary charges.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    If you know / remember / can find out the company that towed your car... it can also be found out who did the hook on your ride.

Inquire if you can file a police report about someone stealing the gun when it happened.

If he / they did it to you, the chances are high that you're not the only one.

Too much time has past. Nothing we can do about it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Unfortunately it isn't what you know it's what you can prove (to the satisfaction of the prosecutor). Your complaints should be directed toward the prosecutor's office and the courts rather than IMPD.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    So what I gather from this thread (and others) is that Thieving is ok and powers that be really do not care. That's why we have insurance right! (insert purple wherever)

What a bunch of crap. Man this country is jacked up.

Top Bottom