• Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hello,

A couple weeks ago I mailed a package containing a set of 1911 grips to user harleyman5 on Gunbroker. He did not opt for insurance. He claimed he never received them. Tracking said he had.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I sent another set, free of charge. Again, he says he never received them. Tracking says he did.

I told him that I would not be dealing with him any further, and if he had a complaint, he could take it up with Gunbroker or PayPal.

Something's not adding up here.

Again, that username is harleyman5.

Those of you who have received things from me, know that I send in a timely manner. Beware this buyer.

Josh <><

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    That was nice of you to send the second set even though the delivery confirmation says that he got the original set.

Hope everything ends up working out. That's the tricky thing about online dealings, you never know who you can trust. How was his feedback?

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If you had tracking on it, I wouldn't have given him a dime more plain and simple, I would've taken it up with the shipping company.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hope everything ends up working out. That's the tricky thing about online dealings, you never know who you can trust. How was his feedback?

That's the thing: His feedback is A+(105).

I figure he can take it up with PayPal since he went through them. I personally am disappointed in the situation.

Josh <><

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Yes, I used the USPS. Still, to have not one but two sets of grips disappear is very odd.

I don't want to profile here, but the guy has a foreign name (Italian, I believe), goes by Harleyman (not that there's anything wrong with motorcycles!), and lives in New York.

Josh <><

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    Hope Paypal doesn't give him the money back too.

They have a tendency to side with the buyer,
    I've had one deal go bad (out of over 3000).
    They immediately took the money out of my account
    due to the buyer reporting credit card fraud but gave
    it back to me a few weeks later since the item shipped to a
    confirmed address.

That was nice of you to send the second set.

dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    USPS

For what it is worth I had a similar situation happen when I bought a set of key fobs, the seller shipped them USPS and got the confirmation that I received them even though I had not. I contacted the seller and told him I never received them so he shipped another set. Those I did receive. About two months later the original set showed up. I contacted the seller and he told me this has happened several times with USPS. And he told me to keep the extra set. In short….. USPS sucks

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I had a letter carrier that was pretty careless when it came to delivering mail. My street name was Grouse Point Trail, in the same development less than a tenth of a mile was a street named Grosbeck Court. We both had the same address number.
    I kept getting mail that was for the other address and visa versa. Until I introduced myself to the neighbor and asked they never bothered in investigating or returning any of my mail. When I went to the house they gave me a pile of mail in a plastic bag. I wondered what they were planning to do if I didn't look into the problem.

Top Bottom