• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cuttingedge

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jun 10, 2014
    South
    I am looking to have a cheap little rifle of mine painted. It's a black synthetic stock and I am just trying to customize a little. I would like a camo kind of look. I am not a hunter so the actual pattern isn't crucial. I also am not looking for a "presidential" all out balls to the wall paint job. Would a rattle can suffice?

Who (in the greater indianapolis area) would do this? Does not HAVE to be a "shop" but it can be. In other words, I don't care if "Jim" does it in his garage with his trusty can of valspar as long as it looks good.

What price range am I looking at? It's a 24" bolt action synthetic stock. Thinking about getting the scope, bipod and a few extra mags all done at same time.

Any info, referrals, or offers to help me get this done??? Painter will be paid cash and will be paid a fair price.

Thank you!!

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    How durable do you want the finish? Krylon will hold up for a while. Longer lasting finishes like Cerakote will cost a lot more, but will last much longer.

Cuttingedge

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jun 10, 2014
    South
    The stronger the better. Gun hardly ever gets shot as is.

How ow would this effect resale? Easy to remove or am I pretty well stuck with it?

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    If you're going to rattle-can it, why not just do it yourself? Worst case is that you don't like it and you need to re-apply. Lots of good youtube vids showing people doing this. Larry Vickers has an AR15 video where he paints one. James Yeager and one of his instructors also have videos of painting rifles. If you have a few cans of spray paint, some masking tape and some newspaper, you can be a certified rifle camo expert!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've rattle canned a few of my WASR's, just stuffed newspaper in the receiver and started painting with Krylon or Lowes brand paint. Here's one of the uglier stocks I've done (a few years back when these things were really cheap, I picked up several with hideous plastic furniture)
    002.jpg

Just get some paint and go with it, if you don't like it, just keep painting til you get it right.

Top Bottom