• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jerp239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Just returned from the show, and it's a joke. $10 for admission and parking and it's just a glorified garage sale. Lot's of airsoft, military memorabilia, oh yeah and some bulk candy and the guns they did have were genarally overpriced. This was my last trip to this show, I'll go to Shipshewanna.

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    Just returned from the show, and it's a joke. $10 for admission and parking and it's just a glorified garage sale. Lot's of airsoft, military memorabilia, oh yeah and some bulk candy and the guns they did have were genarally overpriced. This was my last trip to this show, I'll go to Shipshewanna.

Couldn't agree with you more, total bust.

Wesley Willis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Indiana
    I always look forward to the show, then when I go, I always think "why do I continue to come back to this show." This weekend I remembered this beforehand and skipped it...

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

Try one of the Indy 1500 shows! :)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I went this morning and there was plenty of room to walk around. Not much of a crowd. Some of the prices just had me shaking my head. Why is it the powder the Lyman book recommends for .308 loading (IMR 4895 or IMR 4064) is never at a gun show?

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    I went on Saturday morning and thought it was decent, but then again I haven't been to a gun show since the early 80's either. I did pick up a very nice Rem. 870 Wingmaster from a guy's private collection though. :)

guns5010.jpg

I remember back in the day when my stepfather set-up at the FW show, it was pretty big, having the entire expo center pretty much filled up for both days, w/ a bunch of foot traffic all the time. Now, it seems quite a bit smaller, only partially filling the basement of the Coliseum...

I enjoyed it though and I'll probably go again. Hey, it beats setting around all weekend getting fat on Turkey Day food! :):

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I didn't make it to this one. I just returned from the largest gunshow on earth (Tulsa) less than a month ago.

I never pay for parking. I just park at Johnny Appleseed and take a whopping five (5) minute walk. And I'm still overweight...:(

Regards,

Doug

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    because you might get towed.....

Many people park along the road between Casa and HH Gregg, I have never heard of anyone being towed.

I have been a Komet season ticket holder for the past 4 years and hundreds of people do it every game, they park all along that road and back into the Scotts parking lot. I dont think any park in the HH Gregg lot though.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    I usually park over by Scotts. I have seen a tow truck patrol HHG's lot once and they have signs on the light poles. I was also warned by someone once walking through the lot(before HHG opening) that they tow. I think the only way you would get caught is if the tow driver(he left empty the time I saw him) or an employee saw you exit your vehicle and walk towards the Coliseum.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom