• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I had the Mods remove my pricing thread for gunsmith work. It doesn't mean I am no longer doing the work but the problem was once the thread got to a certain age I could no longer edit it or even lock it.
    My pricing was evolving and there were items on the list I no longer wanted to do. I addition to that. It seems that there are a lot of variables between each job and I have decided it is best to price work requests on a case by case basis.

If I was doing this work full time I would approach things differently. But since I am doing most of this after hours in my spare time I am limited in the amount of work I can take on.
    What I would like is to list are some areas of work that I would consider specialties that I have spent the most amount of time gathering tooling and learning.

First is 1911's and 2011's. Let me start out and say, while I am fully aware I am not the best out there I do have a considerable investment in 1911 tooling and hands on experience. Also I have done more research and studies in this area than anything else. I like to think i am pretty good.

More specifically I have honed my skills on slide to frame fitting and barrel fitting and timing to a point where I am confident I can turn out a fine running pistol. But I am always trying to learn more. Along with moderate mill skills, cutting serrations, sight cuts, slide lightening chambering and throating barrels and fitting parts.
    As far as gun work goes this is where my time, money and pssion are mostly spent.

Also have been doing mill work to Glock slides lately.

Other things I have spent a considerable amount of time and money learning and buying tools for.

Cerakoting. I am pretty darn good at this. Just dont ask for camo. It takes more patience and time to do multi color designs with Cerakote than I have.

Next item that I do quite a bit of is thread barrels. It may not sound like much but it ranks high on the list of difficult to be self taught.

AR15 work is always accepted :)

I offer general mill and lathe work. I am not a proffessional machinist but I am capable of doing basic and I little beyond basic machining. This is really a case by case scenario. I really enjoy spending time on the mill and lathe so ask if you think you have something you want done.

Shotgun choke threading, Savage rifle work are also on my list

I also am good at general trouble shooting. For the most part I understand how machines work and why something isn't

Hopefully this post accomplishes what I want in place of a price list

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have a background in troubleshooting machine problems and machining (30+years machine repairman) and IMHO, as usual, Allen under sells himself. His work is top notch and I'm sure he could be busy, and very financially rewarded, doing Gunsmith work full time if he didn't already have a full time job:). From what I've seen of his work I would rate his work right along side anything a "professional" Gunsmith is capable of. The fact that he truly enjoys and is proud of what he creates shows in the product he produces.
    Strange how the world has evolved into people with two or three jobs VS no job. (waiting on the check from the Govt.). I stay as busy as I want to be doing my Glock tinkering and NRA classes along with my 40 hour job and really enjoy what I do. It's very sad that more people don't have a little more passion for creating and a little less for sitting on their CAN. Doing your best in any endeavor is a reward that pays in many ways other that just $$$$.
    Sorry, I'm not sure where that last part came from, just popped out. :)

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor
    Certified Glock armorer—GSSF Member
    [FONT=&amp]1911, M&P & Ruger MK III Mechanic[/FONT]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a background in troubleshooting machine problems and machining (30+years machine repairman) and IMHO, as usual, Allen under sells himself. His work is top notch and I'm sure he could be busy, and very financially rewarded, doing Gunsmith work full time if he didn't already have a full time job:). From what I've seen of his work I would rate his work right along side anything a "professional" Gunsmith is capable of. The fact that he truly enjoys and is proud of what he creates shows in the product he produces.
    Strange how the world has evolved into people with two or three jobs VS no job. (waiting on the check from the Govt.). I stay as busy as I want to be doing my Glock tinkering and NRA classes along with my 40 hour job and really enjoy what I do. It's very sad that more people don't have a little more passion for creating and a little less for sitting on their CAN. Doing your best in any endeavor is a reward that pays in many ways other that just $$$$.
    Sorry, I'm not sure where that last part came from, just popped out. :)

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor
    Certified Glock armorer—GSSF Member
    [FONT=&amp]1911, M&P & Ruger MK III Mechanic[/FONT]

No worries on the last part as I totally agree.
    I am one who seeks knowledge and skills on all levels. It makes me insane to do nothing.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I really didn't post this looking for a pat on the back. But thanks for that anyway. :) I think too that work has become a bad word and many people miss out on the satisfaction that can be had from building and creating things. But that is a whole nother thread.
    As far as underselling myself....maybe, I don't know. I am proud of what I do but always see room for improvement.

Top Bottom