• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    as the title says im looking for a profesional to thread a rifle for me to put on a muzzle break. im located on the southside on indpls and would like to stay in the general area if possible. any leads are much appreciated!

Ragenarok007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Mooresville
    Call Bradis. The gunsmith they use is great. The employees can do the Glock repair, etc. but for things like this they have a really good gunsmith. I've had some work done from him.

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    It is a little far for you but In Niles, Michigan, just 10 mins. north of the Indiana line is Farr & Sons. Best damn gun smith I know of. Ask for Steve or Bob. 269-684-7068 They can do it all...........

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Check with SSNFA / Beech Grove Firearms. I had them thread the barrel on my Ruger MKIII and it came out great. Good price and even better customer service. May be slightly out of your way depending on where you are on the southside but it would be worth it in my opinion. Both are site supporters here - check them out! Good Luck!

cfgunworks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Clinton Co.
    Make sure that the 'smith understands the specs that you need. We have a preference for certain brakes, These must be timed on the threads to index correctly with the barrel and should absolutely be concentric to the bore with run out of less than .001" over the length of the brake. This insures against point of impact shift, poor accuracy, safety issues and poor brake performance.

Shibby575

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    NE IN
    I tried to find a local smith, I ended up sending mine to American Precision Arms in GA. They have great CS and good turn around time. Plus the guys there are great to deal with or just BS with on the phone. They actually treat you like a person unlike many other vendors around these days.

Top Bottom