• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    I've been checking out brownell's for a nice set of screwdriver bits, and i keep seeing mixed reviews. I've been holding off on a few projects because i don't have the right size of flathead and i certainly don't want to mess up any screws. Just want to see what you guys prefer and what to stay away from. I'm not worried about cost, you get what you pay for usually and i don't want to sacrifice quality over a few bucks.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    I have a Chapman set that I have been using for a very long time, can't even remember how long. Best set you can buy for gunsmithing screwdrivers as far as I'm concerned. Have been very happy with mine and have never felt the need for anything else.

Chapman MFG Tools

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    I have a Chapman set that I have been using for a very long time, can't even remember how long. Best set you can buy for gunsmithing screwdrivers as far as I'm concerned. Have been very happy with mine and have never felt the need for anything else.

Chapman MFG Tools

Thanks for the link! Just what I needed to get some replacement bits for my almost 30 year old set!

By the way, I agree they are nice!

Mark

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    This is what I use and no problems. I'm sure there are better but they work for me.

439523.jpg

89-Piece Professional-Plus Gunsmithing Screwdriver Set

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    This is what I use and no problems. I'm sure there are better but they work for me.

439523.jpg

89-Piece Professional-Plus Gunsmithing Screwdriver Set

I have used the set (looks like the same set)... not sure if yours are but the set I got did not have not magnetic heads and can be a pain in the butt at times (for smaller parts).

Also, the fact that the heads are not extra strong, I have had bending/breaking with some of them.

Last... the heads are not always very tight in the case and if that thing tips... well have fun putting the correct heads back in the correct place.

Just my thoughts on my Wheeler... Other than that, its a halfway decent.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Chapman MFG Tools

Another recommendation for Chapman. I've had mine since probably the early 2000's and only broke one bit (the smallest allen bit) but you can get replacements from Brownells. I use it probably several times a week and it has more than paid for itself over the years.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A Chapman Kit #8900 is on my desk as we speak and it has had every bit I've need for years. I also have another mfgrs set somewhere, but at the moment I have no clue where to look.

Safe shooting,
    Vv

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    Thanks for the input guys! Looks like chapman's is going to be getting an order from me tonight. I had been looking at that 89 piece wheeler set but I can't find anyone that has them in stock at a decent price. I probably don't need that many bits anyways lol. Thanks again!

Top Bottom