• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Any chance we could have a dedicated forum for gunsmithing specific topics? I for one have a few questions about it, and ive seen a decent bit of questions that might be better served in this type of dedicated forum. Anyways, figured id see what the higher powers thought. :)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks for the idea!

It's the same with every "can you add this forum?" question-- if there are enough threads about that topic that are currently on the forum, we'll rearrange and make a new dedicated forum (this happened with the reloading forum).

Right now it seems like most gunsmithing questions are asked in various forums based on the gun-- handgun questions in Handguns, rifle questions in Long Guns, etc.

Just curious. . . . what threads (specifically) would you move into a "Gunsmithing" forum, if we had one?

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Just curious. . . . what threads (specifically) would you move into a "Gunsmithing" forum, if we had one?

I know theres not a lot of such questions right now on the front pages but we have a lot of competent people such as IndyGunWorks and a dedicated forum would be awesome for the questions. Basically anything that has to do with gunsmithing. I have had a lot of questions on duracoating, scope mounting, barrel removal, bolt bending, refinishing, and stock questions but have either PMd someone directly (thanking IGW :yesway:), or asked on another forum.

I just think it would be easier for the questions to get answered that having to ask them in the rifle and handgun forums. But again its just my :twocents: so I figured id ask if it was possible.

Top Bottom