• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Hello. I have been a member here for a while, as you can see. I have several friends in the offroad community. The offroad community as a whole is trying to keep the Marine Corps from expanding into an area of California called Johnson Valley. Johnson Valley is a beautiful piece of desert that is a designated Off Highway Vehicle recreation area, much like our own Redbird State Recreation Area. Johnson Valley is humongous, and a meca for the offroad motorsports. Several competitions, gettogethers, memorial rides and fund raising rides take place there every year. Johnson Valley is west of and adjacent to 29 Palms Marine Corps base. The Marines want to close off Johnson Valley to all public access, and use it as a big shooting range. The problem we have with that (besides the fact that we could no longer wheel there), is that they have more square miles of empty, non-sanctioned desert to their east they could easily use instead.

We as an offroading community are trying to get 20,000 letters turned in to them by Monday. We have half that so far. Here is a letter generator. You don't even have to sign your real name or address. Just select one of the bubbles at the top, fill in the red astrisk areas, type in the letter code, and submit.

It doesn't matter if you will never travel to Johnson Valley. It doesn't matter if you aren't into offroading. Johnson Valley is also a place for people to go and shoot, hike, camp, fish, hunt, and explore. It is FULL of amazing landmarks that aren't found anywhere else in the world.

Here's the letter generator. Please help me. Thank You for your time.

Letter Generator

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I wonder how may I can send? Seriously. Sent one from the generator, and several through other channels. I'm also "big" into offroad (see avatar), and would LOVE to get out that way sometime. We are loosing "public" land left and right , especially out west.

The letter only takes a minute, and helps a LOT.

Thanks!

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    It doesn't matter where you live. They don't care. Every single letter they get, they are required by LAW to read. It doesn't need to be a California address. I used every one of my family members, and all but 3 of them reside in IN. You could seend 20,000 letters by yourself. PLEASE, the only Solution is to fill out a couple letters. One on behalf of each person in your household is all I am asking. It only takes a few minutes.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Come on guys, you think this doesn't impact you because you may never go there, but it does. If you don't write letters, it sets a precedent that the Government can do whatever they want, and nobody will do anything to defend themselves. There's no thought involved. 10 minutes of your time is all I'm asking.

Top Bottom