Once in a while.
    aGunslinger11.jpg

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have one in 20ga....I chose that for the lighter carry weight. I have a 4x scope on mine and it is very accurate once you find the right ammo...That is my only complaint is that mine will only group about 2 kinds of slugs.

I recently got a new Marlin 1894 lever in .44mag to deer hunt with...It will reach a little further but is sure a lot easier to carry and cheaper to feed.:twocents:

SBird

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2011
    Yes, we have three of them in our family. They are great slug guns. The trick is to find the sabot slug your particular UltraSlug prefers. Once you do (and it can get expensive to do so), you will have a real sniper's gun at ranges out to 150 yds or even more. My UltraSlug will shoot cloverleafs all day long at 100 yds with 3" untipped Federal Barnes Expanders from a sandbagged benchrest. I have taken 5 deer so far with my UltraSlug at ranges from 35 yds 10 147 yds. and all were one shot kills. As a matter of fact, the farthest any of those 5 deer went after being hit was 10 feet. Again I must advise trying many sabot slugs in both 2 3/4" and 3" to find which your particular barrel likes best. One more thing, some of the 20 ga. version of these guns have had misfire problems. With our three 12 ga. UltraSlugs we have had no such problems.

bevilsiz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    I have one. Once sighted in, I was able to put the cross hair right on the target at 80 yds. Probably could have done the same out to 90. I use the Hornady SST for 12 ga. Everyone is right about it being bulky, but if you are a big guy, it helps with the recoil alot. They are also reasonably priced. Mine came with a scope. :rockwoot:

csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    I used to hunt with one. Great shooter but like everyone else said it's kind of on the heavy side. Mine shots pretty well with standard 3" Remington rifled slugs.

starbreather

Master
    Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    exiting stage left!
    I have owned a 20 guage version that was spot on @ 100 yards. I was able to reproduced clover leafs consistently (using the ssxt hornady) and killed several deer that only ran 10 yards @ most. I would recommended this shotgun to anyone for deer hunting.

Indy_Hunter68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Greenfield
    Sure do! mine is a 12 ga. with the bull barrel, 4x scope. And like everyone else said, it took a while to find the 'right' slugs for it. Two years ago switched to the 'new' Remington AccuTip Rifled Slug, in 3". One shot kill @65 yds, tried to run but fell over in about 10 FEET.

Top Bottom