• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    My Sister and Brother-in-law stopped by today. My BIL wanted to show me his new 9mm. It started raining so we didn't go to the range but we did go out in my backyard for a bit. I let hiim shoot some of my reloads and then got out my GP100 and .22/45. He was a little intimidated by the muzzleblast of the .357 but loved the Ruger .22 with the red-dot sight. I think he would have shot a brick of ammo if he'd had time.:): Wouldn't be surprised if my BIL shows up sometime to show me his new bull barrel .22/45 with red dot sight.:D The only down side to shooting in the yard is I always lose brass when shooting my 9mm,.40 or .45. My wife wasn't very enthused about my idea of removing the grass in the area I shoot from and replacing it gravel. It would sure make it easier to find the fired brass.:D

bigsteve

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Sounds like he had a great time. I say pull up the grass and lay gravel then buy the wife something nice. She wont mind. win win situation.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    :): sounds like u had a blast. ruger 22 auto's r the best. my shootin buddy and i were shooting some revolvers the other day. we talked about how we miss shooting the 1911 auto models, but don't miss chasin brass. he suggested we lay down a bed sheet and catch the brass with it. that way we'll save the grass, and find all the brass.....

PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    Yeah I use a large tarp. Stop by walmart tomorrow and I will sell you one.

My son and I were shooting today and he put our big tarp down in the yard. It's about 12ft by 20ft, I was surprised how far some of the brass went.:): I did make a run to Winchester Walmart and got a pistol cleaning kit. I may have to make a run to Portland and get a rifle cleaning kit from you tomorrow or the next day. My 30plus yr old cleaning stuff needs replaced.:D

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    This reminds me... I have ~ 180 9mm from Saturday and probably triple that of .45 laying out in the yard. I always forget to put a tarp down, and picking up all that brass outta the grass is a pain in my... toukass. BTW, tarp is an obvious choice because you can stake it down so it doesn't blow away.

Top Bottom