• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Man that would be some jackpot. I haven't been buying Powerball tickets since the price was doubled, but I'll admit I bought one today. Of course I know the odds are minuscule and I've even called the lottery a "tax on people who are bad at math." But the odds are quite a bit lower if you don't buy one! The change jar is full so as long as the jackpot is this high ill dig up enough nickels and dimes to daydream until the next drawing!

Heck if I win I just MIGHT be able to afford a decent range trip even with the current ammo prices.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I would by INGO...make myself a mod, finally win the ban-hammer game, bring neg rep back, infract the entire Rice family for no reason, actually get IBTL, close a thread, and retire internet king in my prime.... or just post in the classifieds for fun.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I will get my lotus ordered, act like nothing happened for a while, order a BMW 700 series for the wife, pay off this house and look for something else, get in touch with a real lawyer and tax/money manager for investment, Grab a cool 1 million in cash and hit the gun stores.

Tell the current bosses to kiss my arse and do donuts in the parking lot. Then off for a long vacation with the wife or maybe we can take seperate vacations.

A_Brit_In_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Half a billion dollars is some serious chuck of change, and I know the odds of winning are astronomical, but people do win and win BIG, My daughter won almost $1.8m on the lottery in the UK when the olympics opened. The first prize was almost $200m and then 20 prizes of $1.8m.
    In the UK when you win $1.8m you get $1.8m she claimed the prize Saturday morning and the money was in her account on Tuesday. so go ahead buy a ticket you NEVER know, oh and Good Luck everyone.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    "tax on people who are bad at math."

I've always thought this was a rather cynical quote. I just consider it entertainment money. Just spend some disposable income and not the grocery money. For a couple of dollars, you can dream big and have fun sharing those dreams with your friends and family. Much better return on investment than the movie theater that disappoints half of the time and is expensive all of the time.

williamsjr22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    If I won, I would fly my family out of the country, set up somewhere for them to route the money, then cancel my cell phone and never be heard from again

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I work with an older gentleman (retired Marine) who takes immaculate care of everything he owns, especially his vehicles. If I were to win big I would buy a monster truck with a Dukes of Hazard horn, drive it into the parking lot and blare the horn until everyone came out. Once I had my audience I would drive my monster truck right over the top of his nice Chevy truck. Once I finished laughing at the look on his face I'd have him hop in my monster truck and drive him to the dealership of his choice and buy him the nicest truck he could possibly hope for.

That is but one example of how I would burn through at least half of the winnings. Life is too short to take it too seriously, especially with $300,000,000.00 in the bank. I'd probably end up with my own reality show. Similar to Duck Dynasty but with more camouflage and waaaaaaay more redneck.

Top Bottom