• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hi, PK, really kind of speculative at this point, no?

Have to see the proposed legislation before you can answer it. (Not being a SA, just answering).

How about we draw conclusions from the last AWB? Handguns will become smaller and higher in caliber like last time.

Price will be driven by demand, just as always.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Who knows? Best way to be sure they aren't is to stop a new AWB in its tracks. Call and write ALL of your elected representatives; local, State and Federal.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There is speculation (and thats all most of it is at this point) that they will repeat the same/similar language as the last AWB which the only thing effected was all magazines over 10 rounds. However if I was a betting man there will probably be a litle more specifics in a new one but again that is anyones guess!

The funny thing is the last AWB wasn't really a ban per say you in that you could still buy them you just had to pay higher prices to have that forbidden friut!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Who knows? Best way to be sure they aren't is to stop a new AWB in its tracks. Call and write ALL of your elected representatives; local, State and Federal.

:yesway::yesway::yesway:Yes this! Local doesn't matter so much in Indiana, no Home Rule, but many states it's important.

GET INVOLVED EVERYONE! DON'T CEDE THE HIGH GROUND TO THE GRABBERS.:ingo:

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN

Have to see the proposed legislation before you can answer it. (Not being a SA, just answering).

How about we draw conclusions from the last AWB? Handguns will become smaller and higher in caliber like last time.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for. Last polls I saw that 70% o so of Americans oppose banning semi-auto handguns outright. I'm hoping to pick up a M&P Shield next summer. Thank god it doesn' thave an evil high capacity mag!

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN

Off topic but Kirk aren't you a lawyer?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yeah that's what I'm hoping for. Last polls I saw that 70% o so of Americans oppose banning semi-auto handguns outright. I'm hoping to pick up a M&P Shield next summer. Thank god it doesn' thave an evil high capacity mag!

Challenges to any proposed restrictions on handguns would come quick in light of Heller.

Off topic but Kirk aren't you a lawyer?

Yes.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    From what I gather this ban will be "more sweeping" than the last, but they haven't released the final version so we won't know until then. I wouldn't mind having a revolver though, at least for fun.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Last ban didn't affect pistols, although it did mandate 10 round mags. Guns like the CZ40 that were made to hold more than 10 had little cuts and lips in the bottoms of the mag so the follower wouldn't go all the way to the bottom.

Since there's no actual proposal right now, anything about any upcoming ban is simply speculation without any facts to draw from.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm also assuming that Glock would no longer be allowed to import certain or all of its products. Along with other foreign manufacturers.

Under current law Glock cannot import certain products, e.g. the Glock .380s (not enough points) that are highly popular overseas.

From 1994 to 2004 Glock imported their complete line of USA-legal pistols.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Under current law Glock cannot import certain products, e.g. the Glock .380s (not enough points) that are highly popular overseas.

From 1994 to 2004 Glock imported their complete line of USA-legal pistols.

Really? I was under the impression that Feinstein's bill would ban the importation of certain handguns.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    In the '94 AWB, handguns were considered Assault Weapons and therefore banned IF they had a detachable magazine and two of the following:

1. an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

2. a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;

3. a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;

4. a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and

5. a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; and

So essentially, not much was done about handguns unless you owned a threaded AR pistol or Desert Eagle you used as a suppressor host I guess.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I knew people that were FOR the original AWB.
    Then they went to buy a 15 rnd 9mm, and couldn't find a new one.
    My heart broke for them. Stupid frackers. Ok as long as it doesn't mess with THEM.

Top Bottom