• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I recently built a new reloading bench, and one of the features I wanted was a better way to deal with primers. I use a Lee Pro 1000 progressive, as well as a single stage basic Lee Press. Both send the spent primers into the mounting base of the press. This means if you have it mounted on solid wood, that the primers will eventually fill up and over flow.

So, I did a simple upgrade to my bench to deal with it. First I drilled a 1" hole through the bench under the presses. Then I screwed the lid from some empty 1lb powder containers onto the bench directly under the press, and put a similar 1" hole in the lid.

I can now screw the empty powder container onto the lid, and it catches my spent primers after decapping. No muss, no fuss, no mess. I can now periodically empty them out without making a royal mess!.

DSC09983.jpg

blurr95

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Thats a great idea. I am just getting into reloading, and am going to be building my reloading room in the basement in the next week or 2. I am gonna remember this trick.

Thanks Jason

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom