• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Only because nobody has answered will I put this out. I suspect no. Many , if not most gunsmiths, send guns needing custom finishes like hard chrome to a specialty plating shop. Cogan Custom is one such specialty plating shop. Their hard chrome is flawless. They know how to do guns.... Look them up on the web and prepare to be amazed at the quality of the work. Don't be reluctant to ship to them.

That's all I got.

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I can also give a nod to Metaloy who does a pretty good hard chrome job but is located in Arkansas. If you like the looks of hard chrome, there isn't a much more durable, slippery finish out there IMO. Its gonna be pretty tough to find someone local that has the knowledge/experience/ffl to hard chrome a firearm. There are a couple local companies that do PVD style finishes like TiNi, AlNi, TiCNi, etc. Those are really good options as well.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    I have used APW Cogan before and was very pleased.

Last year I used Metaloy for a 1911 and I am very pleased with the work Chris does.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Metaloy and APW are the two best platers IMO. They've been doing it for a long time. I have seen APW's shop and they have some VERY GOOD smiths working there also.

Top Bottom