• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUBrink

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Truth is, is that the type of Christian that gun-owners are doesn't mix with the wizardry world of HP.
    If I had a nickel for every time I've heard 'HP is the DEVIL!' I'd have 4 1911s.
    :):

hoosierbulldog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Any Harry Potter fans watch the last movie yet? I went and saw it in IMAX3D last night, and I gotta say it was well worth the $15. The movie has a huge plot twist that I would have never expected and the visuals were more epic than all of the previous movies combined.

I definitely recommend the theater experience to anyone who was on the fence about watching in theaters or waiting for release.
    I haven't seen the latest movie, but I plan on seeing it with my daughter soon. HP stories are the classic "good vs. evil". The books are as entertaining as the movies if you start on those...my daughter and I read the first couple together because she was so young, and then I was hooked because it was a topic of conversation with her. Good stuff.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Truth is, is that the type of Christian that gun-owners are doesn't mix with the wizardry world of HP.
    If I had a nickel for every time I've heard 'HP is the DEVIL!' I'd have 4 1911s.

The only valid complaint I have heard is that the main characters are very much into "the ends justify the means" sort of heroism. Rowling even highlights it when Harry Potter guiltily flashes back to writing on the gates of a formerly powerful Dark Wizard, which reads "For the Greater Good".

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    The only valid complaint I have heard is that the main characters are very much into "the ends justify the means" sort of heroism.
    In their defense, they're usually trying to solve problems while simultaneously avoiding being killed by those same problems. It tends to encourage "whatever works" thinking.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008

If they think HP is the devil they need to find a new path:twocents:. Then again, I did watch the John Dillenger movie and then went out and robbed a couple dozen banks.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Fundagelicals are hopelessly irrational in pretty much all situations.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    In their defense, they're usually trying to solve problems while simultaneously avoiding being killed by those same problems. It tends to encourage "whatever works" thinking.

Yet do we not see "for the greater good" thinking destroying this nation? I'm not calling the HP books evil, but I certainly had a hard time liking characters that so blithely sidestepped law and morality for the sake of some higher purpose.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Harry Potter is OVER? NO!!

72HorrifiedRedNeck.jpg

IUBrink

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    You clearly are not aware of the devotees to HP fandom. People complain about "Twihards" but they can not hold a candle to the Potterheads...

If you grew up following the cast as they grew up the same age as you, you'd love it.

spoiler.gif

When I saw the words "19 Years later", I about facepalmed. With that type of ending she won't be able to keep their age on track with mine anymore. It's ruined!

Top Bottom