Has the Pentagon been hiding US bases in Africa from Congress?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “It turns out that we have no fewer than 18 other operating posts around the continent, some of them of considerable size and durability. We also operate a longtime drone base in Tunisia, along with others used to conduct “shadow wars” in both Niger and Tunisia that never seem to make it into the news. But they apparently don’t show up in Pentagon reports to Congress because of linguistic tricks such as classifying them as only being “semi-permanent” or even “temporary” even if they’ve been operating for years.”

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Geez, this has been going since before WW1. With those unscrupulous sleezebags in Congress, they need fired before any oversight can TRUTHLY begin on our military shenanigans. Start at the top of the problem then work down as .gov has gotten too big.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Actually... I'd submit to INGOers that I don't want most of Congress to know because they're untrustworthy.

I mean - it's not exactly a secret that there's been an almost continual US .mil presence in Africa (and South America...) for literal decades now.

If *I* know - then *they* know. SEALs and Army Special Forces in both places all the time. Heck, not even limited to those dudes. My wife has a relative that isn't either one of those types of people - and he's made SEVERAL trips to Africa AND South America over the last 15 years I've known him. But, this guy has a veerrrry special set of skills.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Actually... I'd submit to INGOers that I don't want most of Congress to know because they're untrustworthy.

I mean - it's not exactly a secret that there's been an almost continual US .mil presence in Africa (and South America...) for literal decades now.

If *I* know - then *they* know. SEALs and Army Special Forces in both places all the time. Heck, not even limited to those dudes. My wife has a relative that isn't either one of those types of people - and he's made SEVERAL trips to Africa AND South America over the last 15 years I've known him. But, this guy has a veerrrry special set of skills.
    Then elect better congressmen. That's not a good argument for being against Congressional oversight as a concept.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Funny aside. I read a story that there is some popular running app that lets you share your routes & times. Apparently a lot of U.S. spec ops folks used it and didn't pay attention to settings. Someone noticed there were all these circles being run in odd and remote locations.

Found the story: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...p-gives-away-location-of-secret-us-army-bases

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Top Bottom