• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    I know the feeling, I was saving for an EMP and my tranny just went on my truck. So I guess it'll be a while, oh well.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    luckily for me i went to school for automotive. i work at a car dealership and therefore have a lot of friends that know more than i, should i need the help. i drive older cars, have three atm, 2 running, one in need of an engine rebuild. almost have all the parts to put it back together so one of the other two can break down.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Always have at least $1000 set aside for these things. I am not calling them emergencies, because emergencies are situations you hadn't planned in advance for. You know that you will have to repair your car, your furnace, your roof, etc. at some point.
    I used to be in the same situation, my car would break and i would have to scramble to find money to pay for it. Now I have my emergency fund, I get it fixed and there is no "emergency", just a prepared for "life event" that will happen to everyone, its just a matter of when and if they are prepared for it.

I suggest that you look into Financial Peace University by Dave Ramsey. There are many sessions all over the state.

Life is much more rewarding when you control it, instead of letting it control you.

Top Bottom