• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    If you're like me, you probably find vBulletin's search feature a little frustrating. My search-fu here is fubar.

Solution: Google indexes this site like you wouldn't believe. So if you can't find what you need through the local search, use Google. Enter your query like this:

site:ingunowners.com xd sucks

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Such helpful information. But I'm sending you to the BanHammer for the XD reference. :)

The win in this situation is that this thread itself will help increase Google page rank for the phrase "xd sucks". Oops, I just said it again. Sorry. :D:D

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    The bonus is that when we get the new server up and running, I'm told our search function will improve. ;)

The benefits to using Google, though, is that there's no 20-second rule, it doesn't use INGO resources, and the click-throughs should benefit INGO's page rank.

The only downfall I see is that Google doesn't index immediately; their will be a lag. But the lag is very short. I see that this page already comes up for "xd sucks". That was ~ 23 minutes.

Top Bottom