• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dwinnie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Fishers
    I'm a long time reader but this is my first post. I'm retired now when my company decided to close offices in Indiana and force those working out of their home to either move or accept early retirement package. Enjoying my free time, looking for things to do. I usually go to an indoor range 1-3 a month, but shoot only pistols, I've never gotten into rifles and don't hunt. I enjoy the shooting sport and the opportunity that we have here in the US and Indiana to protect ourselves by carrying if we see fit.

I have never, ever been a political person before and have never even told anyone else outside of family how I was planning to vote, but this year I'm extremely concerned what will happen to our 2nd Amendment rights if the democrat candidate gets elected as president, especially with the Supreme Court nominees that will likely be appointed during this president's term in office. I ran into a gun owner couple in Cabala's a couple of weeks ago and they were telling me about all the guns they had and how/where they gotten them. I said something about how our ability to buy some types of guns would likely start to disappear if we elect a democrat for president in November, from which I got resounding silence, definitely indicating they wanted to change the subject as I felt they didn't agree with what I said. I just can't believe how any gun owner or anyone who exercises their 2nd amendment right can even think about voting for the Democrat presidential candidate this year especially when you read the party's "Preventing Gun Violence" section of the 2016 platform (spelled out on page 39 of the document linked below).

2016 Democratic Party Platform

Anyway, off my soapbox, I'm glad to finally be an official member and poster here, although I probably won't post very often, I will read regularly.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Welcome.

I'm also in Fishers and like you, I started out primarily shooting handguns. Since joining INGO, my long guns now out number my handguns by a ratio of 2-to-1.

This crowd is a bad influence.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom