Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Welcome from Mitchell.

The links to the rules are in my sig line.

We’ve had a few folks just recently join with the intent on making a run to the classifieds. It typically doesn’t go well.

Take a minute or two, get to know some folks and give them a chance to get to know you too. The classifieds are a perk of membership, not to object of the site. Some folks will not deal with you until they feel comfortable with who you are.

randomrambo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2023
    USA
    You are not wrong, but if I may make a friendly suggestion.
    Tread lightly for your first while here or you may not find anyone willing to deal with you, 50 posts or site supporter status regardless.

See, here's the thing.
    We are a gun community first and foremost.
    The classified section is perk that active members and supporters enjoy, however nothing says we HAVE to deal with anyone in particular.
    Some people rub me the wrong way. I get a vibe I don't like, and guess what, you're on my s*** list. " No guns or ammo for you!"

On the other hand, if I enjoy your input into the community I might go out of my way to ensure an amiable transaction.

Scroll through some of our older posts and see what this place is all about.

Question for you.
    What's the most expensive AR15 lower recy ever sold on Ingo?
    Search it.
    If the thread doesn't tell you a bit about who we are then you may not fit in here after all.

Your choice, but notice the guy you got testy with has been here for more than 14 years, and I have too.
    His post count beats the hell out of mine, but I can look and see what kind of person he is before I decide to sell or buy from him.
    Its not being testy to point out the error of ones ways. even you said at the beginning of your statement that you agree as well as where im from thats the polite way of reminding others to be nice or to say nothing at all lest you look foolish. i cant help it that people who use armslist are the ones who showed me this site as well as id wager more than a few people here have used or do use armslist so its a silly thing to latch onto, and his reply was unproductive and prejudiced. Not making a big deal of it but being new want to be clear to the best of my ability. I wasnt able to find the price for the most expensive ar15 rec but i did find a few very informative threads about minor smithing to make fit and feel better that intrigued me. I respect the comunity atmosphere and that the classifieds are a privilege, ive merely been asking questions and trying to understand. I hope to make many profitable and sincere friendship along the way but well see in time

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Its not being testy to point out the error of ones ways. even you said at the beginning of your statement that you agree as well as where im from thats the polite way of reminding others to be nice or to say nothing at all lest you look foolish. i cant help it that people who use armslist are the ones who showed me this site as well as id wager more than a few people here have used or do use armslist so its a silly thing to latch onto, and his reply was unproductive and prejudiced. Not making a big deal of it but being new want to be clear to the best of my ability. I wasnt able to find the price for the most expensive ar15 rec but i did find a few very informative threads about minor smithing to make fit and feel better that intrigued me. I respect the comunity atmosphere and that the classifieds are a privilege, ive merely been asking questions and trying to understand. I hope to make many profitable and sincere friendship along the way but well see in time
    Start here, and read through the thread.

That thread is illustrative of the kind of citizens I have met here, some IRL, nearly all of which have my respect. Even when we disagree on a point.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment

First off, :welcome: to :ingo: from Lowellabama.

Secondly, that was a quality post! :yesway:

Armslist is Armslist, and INGO is INGO, and never the twain shall meet.

We're like a family here. A very large family. A very large, very strange family.
    Follow that link above about the AR 15 lower. That was for the family of a very popular member here, who was tragically taken away in another of God's mysteries. A lot of members here took it quite peraonally, and that's the way this community reacts. Does that sound like an organization that you would like to be a part of?

Settle in, get to know us, and vice versa, and for heavens sake make sure your skin is thick before delving into the political threads. JK.

Again welcome, glad to have you.

• Haha
    Reactions: Mij

randomrambo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2023
    USA
    Thank you for posting the link for me to see that thread, and all the welcomes to the site of course. Im here to learn and hopefully make a friend or 2 along the way, im sorry for the loss in the community, he surely seemed beloved and you honored his memory as a real community should. May his family find a measure of peace from your kindness. Dont worry, ive got thick enough skin for this boys locker room. I dont discuss politics, mostly because i prefer to solve problems and not simply talk about them. Cant solve something move onto the next thing you can solve, lifes to short to be hung up on things you cant change.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    new here and trying to get the lay of things. if im understanding correctly, i cant interact with the classifieds until after ive had 50 post engagements on the forum? any help would be appreciated
    OK, you’ve made an intro. Now start talking guns.

Hello n Welcome

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom