• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I've got a .40 Taurus PT24/7. I recently put a laser on the rail and now it won't fit in my cheap nylon shoulder holster. I assume someone makes holsters that fit handguns with tactical attachments on them, I just don't know who or where.

Can someone recommend one?

I'm not sure which type I'd like most; shoulder, waist, or thigh. Recommendations on which manufacturer/material/type you prefer would be appreciated!

Thanks.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Holsters, like everything else, play into the "you get what you pay for" mantra. If all you can afford is a cheap nylon holster, then that's better than nothing. One thing to keep in mind is that when you start adding accessories like lights and lasers to a handgun, the holster fit is gonna have to be custom or semi-custom at best. I am a fan of Kydex holsters for every day carry. You may want to check out Raven Concealment's forum in the advertiser section of this site. They make custom holsters that just flat-out work. I will also voice my opinion against running a thigh rig. If you want to sport one around at the range, that's one thing, but wearing one as a primary carry holster when you're out and about is not what I would call practical. Shoulder holsters can come in handy from time to time but my preference has always fallen back to waistband holsters. I carry both IWB (inside the pants) and OWB, depending on the need, and I mostly only carry Kydex holsters now. YMMV HTH :ingo:

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I appreciate all the advice.

Let me clarify what purpose my holster will be serving. I'll be using it to carry when we're out shooting/hunting/hiking/camping and that's about it. No real ranges, no concealed carry.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I find that having a snug-fitting holster keeps the gun out of the way and available for deployment in a wide range of conditions. This is one reason I favor waistband carry (with a good holster) and why I don't have a use for thigh rigs or shoulder rigs. :twocents:

CoachStall

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Johnson County

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Laser ... :rolleyes:

Are you going to EDC with a laser on your gun?
    If so I hope you have a light on it as well as it seems more important to me.
    That's just my opinion and I know it was not your question ...

So I will keep you read the other good responses you already got.

:popcorn:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I prefer IWB carry of my bug(sp101) and would like to carry my primary IWB from time to timer also but cannot find an IWB holster that I like for the SAXDSC.40. I have opted for the Fobus paddle holster on this one. Paddle holsters are GREAT if you're likely to be in and out of a vehicle or any situation where you may need to remove and replace it from time to time. I am surprised at how well it stays in place and I don't even have to remove my belt every time I disarm.

Top Bottom