• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    I have an alloy frame high standard 9 shot revolver, owned it for 50 years, shot 10k plus rds thru it, lately while shooting fed rat shot, at rats, the cylinder jams, can`t pull back hammer or open the cylinder unless I hit it, it seems the fire case jams back ward against the gun, any ideas? I have not tried with any other ammo yet, but have shot a bunch of the rat shot with out any problems.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The rat shot may not have enough pressure to seal the cartridge to the chamber and may allow the cases to slip back toward the recoil shield. Try cleaning the cartridge holes in the cylinder really well and keeping them free of lubricant.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Are you shooting the cci shot shells?

Had a guy bring in a 38 that was locked up tighter than a bank vault door, he was shooting cci shots shells, turns out the recoil of the gun caused the blue plastic sleeve (that holds shot), to move forward and it was hitting the forcing cone of the revolver and locking up the cylinder.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Are you shooting the cci shot shells?

Had a guy bring in a 38 that was locked up tighter than a bank vault door, he was shooting cci shots shells, turns out the recoil of the gun caused the blue plastic sleeve (that holds shot), to move forward and it was hitting the forcing cone of the revolver and locking up the cylinder.
    He posted he was using Fed ammo.

kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    Clean it, try some other ammo and see where you are.

How did you like that storm that came through?
    thanks, cleaned the crap out of it with hoppies #9 and bore brush, I think the build up in the cylinder plus the crimp opening up on the rat shot caused it to jam, shots great again. we weathered the storm with a few branches down,you?

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    No problems here but drove past you and had to detour off of 64 before Ramsey. Pole across road.

Glad the HS is working again.

Top Bottom