• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I posted some time ago about a metallic cartridge collection that I have been working on. I am now at 100 different rounds and part of the fun has been in identifying a handful of rounds that were not marked with a caliber on the cartridge head. Well, I have a small rim fire round that I can't find any information on. It has a copper case with a lead bullet. The bullet mikes at .270" or 6.8 mm in diameter. The case is .308" or 7.82 mm long and the overall cartridge length is .453" or 11.50 mm. It is pictured here between a. 22 CB and .22 Short on the left side and a .22 Long and .22 Long Rifle on the right side. Any ideas?

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    6mm Flobert???
    my guess also

th

looking at dimensions, might be a 7mm. found a french site that shows a few rounds for sale
    Trois cartouches différentes de 7 mm Flobert à balle (port offert) (1607286)

Last edited:

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The six mm flobert got me digging, I believe its a 7mm flobert. I have shot the 6 and 9 mm versions, but didn't know there was a 7mm version. Apparently the 7mm is pretty rare, and guys use the .27 cal nail gun blanks to shoot them (rifles/smoothbores.)
    The smoothbore barrels typically mic at .285.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Thanks for all the help, gentlemen. It is a 7 mm Flobert. This one does not have any type of head stamp.

Top Bottom