• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    The best thing you can do is educate yourself by reading everything on as many AR15 forums as you can. Take your time. There are so many threads about "I bought X when if I had known I would have bought an Y or the Z".

Not just you, but many, get on a forum and ask "what's best" and end up more confused than when they started. Ask a question and you'll get 1000 different opinions.

Spinaltapls1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Avon, IN
    I just purchased my first AR, it was the ruger 556. i did a lot of research and to me it seemed like the best buy. You don't hear a lot about it but so far i love the gun.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    What rail? :dunno:

Guessing he means the handguards.

If that is an issue, Spike's does offer the BAR quad rail system, as well as their new SAR (I think). I think they do carry some other companies rails as well. Best would be to call or email, should get a quick response.

gcoop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Indianapolis
    try looking at superior arms inc. from wapallo,iowa. i have an a2heavybr 20in. flattop.they are a small company that makes a fine rifle for a fair price. they are at the indy 1500 gun show or check out the web site.

Last edited:

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Go with LaRue. You can't go wrong. They are being used on the border patrols down in Texas (yeah i didnt know they had any either).

Top Bottom